The treatment of nephrotic syndrome caused by primary (light chain) amyloid with vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Withington, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThree out of four patients with primary (light chain) amyloid nephrotic syndrome treated with vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone (VAD) induction obtained a partial response and are alive in continuing remission at 4.1, 6.5 and 9.3 years. These preliminary results are of considerable interest and suggest that prospective evaluation of this regimen is warranted in patients with this condition.
CitationThe treatment of nephrotic syndrome caused by primary (light chain) amyloid with vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone. 1998, 78 (6):774-6 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Nephrotic syndrome due to primary systemic AL amyloidosis, successfully treated with VAD (vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone) alone.
- Authors: Matsuda M, Gono T, Katoh N, Yoshida T, Tazawa K, Shimojima Y, Ishii W, Fushimi T, Ikeda S
- Issue date: 2008
- [More than 10 years of complete remission of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance and cessation of light chain deposition disease-associated nephrotic syndrome following treatment with vincristine, adriamycin and high-dose dexamethasone (VAD)].
- Authors: Adam Z, Nedbálková M, Krejcí M, Pour L, Husek K, Veselý K, Cermáková Z, Krivanová A, Mayer J, Hájek R
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Therapeutic outcome of cyclic VAD (vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone) therapy in primary systemic AL amyloidosis patients.
- Authors: Tazawa K, Matsuda M, Yoshida T, Gono T, Katoh N, Shimojima Y, Ishii W, Fushimi T, Koyama J, Ikeda S
- Issue date: 2008
- Rapid reversal of nephrotic syndrome due to primary systemic AL amyloidosis after VAD and subsequent high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell support.
- Authors: Sezer O, Schmid P, Shweigert M, Heider U, Eucker J, Harder H, Sinha P, Radtke H, Possinger K
- Issue date: 1999 May
- [Improved prognosis of generalized AL-amyloidosis in a patient with multiple myeloma treated according to the VAD protocol].
- Authors: Sarkisova IA, Rameev VV, Kozlovskaia LV, Andreeva NE
- Issue date: 2003