Evidence that an HLA-DQA1-DQB1 haplotype influences susceptibility to childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in boys provides further support for an infection-related aetiology.
AuthorsTaylor, G Malcolm
Gokhale, D A
Birch, Jillian M
Stevens, Richard F
Will, Andrew M
Eden, Tim O B
AffiliationImmunogenetics Laboratory, St Mary's Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComparison of DQA1 and DQB1 alleles in 60 children with common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (c-ALL) and 78 newborn infant control subjects revealed that male but not female patients had a higher frequency of DQA1*0101/*0104 and DQB1*0501 than appropriate control subjects. The results suggest a male-associated susceptibility haplotype in c-ALL and supports an infectious aetiology.
CitationEvidence that an HLA-DQA1-DQB1 haplotype influences susceptibility to childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in boys provides further support for an infection-related aetiology. 1998, 78 (5):561-5 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Effects of the second HLA-DQ haplotype on the association with childhood insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Sanjeevi CB, Landin-Olsson M, Kockum I, Dahlquist G, Lernmark A
- Issue date: 1995 Feb
- The distribution of HLA class II susceptible/protective haplotypes could partially explain the low incidence of type 1 diabetes in continental Italy (Lazio region).
- Authors: Petrone A, Bugawan TL, Mesturino CA, Nisticò L, Galgani A, Giorgi G, Cascino I, Erlich HA, Di Mario U, Buzzetti R
- Issue date: 2001 Dec
- [Relationship between autoantibodies and HLA-DQ genotypes in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus].
- Authors: Wang JP, Zhang C, Lin J, Yuan Y, Zhou HF, Huang G, Zhou M, Zhou ZG
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 11
- HLA-DQA1 and DQB1 allele and genotype contribution to IDDM susceptibility in an ethnically mixed population.
- Authors: Balducci-Silano PL, Layrisse Z, Dominguez E, Amaro R, Gunczler P, Lanes R, Zaro R
- Issue date: 1994 Dec
- The influence of age at onset and gender on the HLA-DQA1, DQB1 association in Chinese children with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Chen BH, Chiang CH, Lin SR, Chao MG, Tsai ST
- Issue date: 1999 Nov