Evidence that an HLA-DQA1-DQB1 haplotype influences susceptibility to childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in boys provides further support for an infection-related aetiology.
AuthorsTaylor, G Malcolm
Gokhale, D A
Birch, Jillian M
Stevens, Richard F
Will, Andrew M
Eden, Tim O B
AffiliationImmunogenetics Laboratory, St Mary's Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComparison of DQA1 and DQB1 alleles in 60 children with common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (c-ALL) and 78 newborn infant control subjects revealed that male but not female patients had a higher frequency of DQA1*0101/*0104 and DQB1*0501 than appropriate control subjects. The results suggest a male-associated susceptibility haplotype in c-ALL and supports an infectious aetiology.
CitationEvidence that an HLA-DQA1-DQB1 haplotype influences susceptibility to childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in boys provides further support for an infection-related aetiology. 1998, 78 (5):561-5 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Molecular analysis of HLA-DQB1 alleles in childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- Authors: Dearden SP, Taylor GM, Gokhale DA, Robinson MD, Thompson W, Ollier W, Binchy A, Birch JM, Stevens RF, Carr T, Bardsley WG
- Issue date: 1996 Mar
- Susceptibility alleles and haplotypes of human leukocyte antigen DRB1, DQA1, and DQB1 in autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type III in Japanese population.
- Authors: Hashimoto K, Maruyama H, Nishiyama M, Asaba K, Ikeda Y, Takao T, Iwasaki Y, Kumon Y, Suehiro T, Tanimoto N, Mizobuchi M, Nakamura T
- Issue date: 2005
- Human leukocyte antigen-DQ alleles and haplotypes and their associations with resistance and susceptibility to HIV-1 infection.
- Authors: Hardie RA, Luo M, Bruneau B, Knight E, Nagelkerke NJ, Kimani J, Wachihi C, Ngugi EN, Plummer FA
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 23
- HLA-DRB1*07:01-HLA-DQA1*02:01-HLA-DQB1*02:02 haplotype is associated with a high risk of asparaginase hypersensitivity in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Kutszegi N, Yang X, Gézsi A, Schermann G, Erdélyi DJ, Semsei ÁF, Gábor KM, Sági JC, Kovács GT, Falus A, Zhang H, Szalai C
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- HLA-DQ alleles in patients with celiac disease in Turkey.
- Authors: Tüysüz B, Dursun A, Kutlu T, Sökücü S, Cine N, Süoğlu O, Erkan T, Erginel-Unaltuna N, Tümay G
- Issue date: 2001 Jun