Evidence that an HLA-DQA1-DQB1 haplotype influences susceptibility to childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in boys provides further support for an infection-related aetiology.
AuthorsTaylor, G Malcolm
Gokhale, D A
Birch, Jillian M
Stevens, Richard F
Will, Andrew M
Eden, Tim O B
AffiliationImmunogenetics Laboratory, St Mary's Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComparison of DQA1 and DQB1 alleles in 60 children with common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (c-ALL) and 78 newborn infant control subjects revealed that male but not female patients had a higher frequency of DQA1*0101/*0104 and DQB1*0501 than appropriate control subjects. The results suggest a male-associated susceptibility haplotype in c-ALL and supports an infectious aetiology.
CitationEvidence that an HLA-DQA1-DQB1 haplotype influences susceptibility to childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in boys provides further support for an infection-related aetiology. 1998, 78 (5):561-5 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Molecular analysis of HLA-DQB1 alleles in childhood common acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- Authors: Dearden SP, Taylor GM, Gokhale DA, Robinson MD, Thompson W, Ollier W, Binchy A, Birch JM, Stevens RF, Carr T, Bardsley WG
- Issue date: 1996 Mar
- Susceptibility alleles and haplotypes of human leukocyte antigen DRB1, DQA1, and DQB1 in autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type III in Japanese population.
- Authors: Hashimoto K, Maruyama H, Nishiyama M, Asaba K, Ikeda Y, Takao T, Iwasaki Y, Kumon Y, Suehiro T, Tanimoto N, Mizobuchi M, Nakamura T
- Issue date: 2005
- Human leukocyte antigen-DQ alleles and haplotypes and their associations with resistance and susceptibility to HIV-1 infection.
- Authors: Hardie RA, Luo M, Bruneau B, Knight E, Nagelkerke NJ, Kimani J, Wachihi C, Ngugi EN, Plummer FA
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 23
- HLA class II (DRB, DQA1 and DQB1) allele and haplotype frequencies in the patients with pemphigus vulgaris.
- Authors: Shams S, Amirzargar AA, Yousefi M, Rezaei N, Solgi G, Khosravi F, Ansaripour B, Moradi B, Nikbin B
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- HLA DR-DQ haplotypes and genotypes and type 1 diabetes risk: analysis of the type 1 diabetes genetics consortium families.
- Authors: Erlich H, Valdes AM, Noble J, Carlson JA, Varney M, Concannon P, Mychaleckyj JC, Todd JA, Bonella P, Fear AL, Lavant E, Louey A, Moonsamy P, Type 1 Diabetes Genetics Consortium.
- Issue date: 2008 Apr