The use of computed radiography for routine linear accelerator and simulator quality control.
AffiliationNorth Western Medical Physics, Radiotherapy Department, Rosemere Cancer Centre, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Preston, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComputed radiography (CR) systems were originally developed for the purpose of clinical imaging, and there has been much work published on its effectiveness as a film replacement for this end. However, there has been little published on its use for routine linear accelerator and simulator quality control, and therefore we have evaluated the use of the Kodak 2000RT system with large Agfa CR plates as a replacement for film for this function. A prerequisite for any such use is a detailed understanding of the system behaviour, hence characteristics such as spatial uniformity of response, reproducibility of spatial accuracy, plate signal decay with time and the dose-response of plates were investigated. Finally, a comparison of results obtained using CR for the measurement of radiation field dimensions was made against those from radiographic film, and found to be in agreement within 0.1 mm (mean difference for high-resolution images, 0.3 mm root mean square difference) for megavoltage images and 0.3 mm (maximum difference) for simulator images. In conclusion, the CR system has been shown to be a good alternative to radiographic film for routine quality control of linear accelerators and simulators.
CitationThe use of computed radiography for routine linear accelerator and simulator quality control. 2009, 82 (982):827-38 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- The use of computed radiography plates to determine light and radiation field coincidence.
- Authors: Kerns JR, Anand A
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Linearity and uniformity response as an indicator of performance for Agfa ADC-MD10 computed radiography plates.
- Authors: Zullo JR, Bloch C, Chi PC, Kudchadker R
- Issue date: 2004 Summer
- AEC set-up optimisation with computed radiography imaging.
- Authors: Mazzocchi S, Belli G, Busoni S, Gori C, Menchi I, Salucci P, Taddeucci A, Zatelli G
- Issue date: 2005
- Computed radiography as a gamma ray detector--dose response and applications.
- Authors: O'Keeffe DS, McLeod RW
- Issue date: 2004 Aug 21
- Application of QC_DR software for acceptance testing and routine quality control of direct digital radiography systems: initial experiences using the Italian Association of Physicist in Medicine quality control protocol.
- Authors: Nitrosi A, Bertolini M, Borasi G, Botti A, Barani A, Rivetti S, Pierotti L
- Issue date: 2009 Dec