Synthesis and anticancer activities of 4-oxobenzopyrano[2,3-d]pyrimidines.
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Section of Drug Development and Imaging, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSeveral 2-aryl-4-oxoxbenzopyrano[2,3-d]pyrimidines have previously been shown to exhibit in vivo antitumor activity in mice with P388 lymphocytic leukemia. In the present study, a series of novel substituted benzopyrano[2,3-d]pyrimidines have been prepared and tested for cytotoxic activity against a panel of cancer cell lines including the P388 lymphocytic leukemia cell line. The unsubstituted parent compound, some methoxylated derivatives and a cyclohexyl derivative all exhibited potent cytotoxic activity (IC50 values 0.3-0.64 microM). A number of derivatives, including the unsubstituted parent pyrimidine, were shown to cause a significant perturbation in cell cycle kinetics with an observed 2- to 3-fold increase in cells in the G2/M phase of the cell cycle. Furthermore, a polymethoxylated derivative, 2-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)-9-methoxy-4-oxo-2,3-dihydrobenzopyrano[ 2,3-d]pyrimidine 13, was shown to be selectively active against a number of human ovarian cell lines.
CitationSynthesis and anticancer activities of 4-oxobenzopyrano[2,3-d]pyrimidines. 1999, 10 (6):591-5 Anticancer Drugs
- Pyrimidoacridine derivatives as potential antitumor agents.
- Authors: Antonini I, Cola D, Martelli S, Cholody WM, Konopa J
- Issue date: 1992 Jul-Aug
- Synthesis, anticancer activity and effects on cell cycle profile and apoptosis of novel thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine and thieno[3,2-e] triazolo[4,3-c]pyrimidine derivatives.
- Authors: Kandeel MM, Refaat HM, Kassab AE, Shahin IG, Abdelghany TM
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 27
- Synthesis and cytotoxic activity of new isothiazolo[5,4-d]pyrimidine derivatives.
- Authors: Lipnicka U, Regiec A, Machon Z
- Issue date: 1994 Sep
- Synthesis and antitumor activity of novel pyrimidinyl pyrazole derivatives.
- Authors: Naito H, Sugimori M, Mitsui I, Nakamura Y, Iwahana M, Ishii M, Hirotani K, Kumazawa E, Ejima A
- Issue date: 1999 Dec
- Compounds with potential anticancer activity. Benzenesulfonamido-pyrimidine derivatives.
- Authors: Pecorari P, Vampa G, Rinaldi M
- Issue date: 1987 Jul