Cross-linking and sequence-specific alkylation of DNA by aziridinylquinones. 3. Effects of alkyl substituents.
AffiliationCRC Section of Drug Development and Imaging, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester M20 9BX, U. K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe cytotoxicities and DNA cross-linking abilities of several alkyl-substituted diaziridinylquinones have been investigated. The cytotoxicities were determined in DT-diaphorase-rich (H460 and HT29) and -deficient (H596 and BE) cell lines. It was shown that the cytotoxicities in these cell lines correlated with the relative rates of reduction by the purified human enzyme and with the cross-linking efficiencies. The rates of reduction by DT-diaphorase were more dependent on the structures of the compounds than the reduction potentials, as determined by cyclic voltammetry. A computer model was also used to explain high efficiency of cross-linking and the GNC sequence selectivity of the reduced methyl-substituted diaziridinylquinones.
CitationCross-linking and sequence-specific alkylation of DNA by aziridinylquinones. 3. Effects of alkyl substituents. 1999, 42 (12):2245-50 J. Med. Chem.
JournalJournal of Medicinal Chemistry
- Cross-linking and sequence specific alkylation of DNA by aziridinyl quinones. 2. Structure requirements for sequence selectivity.
- Authors: Hargreaves RH, Mayalarp SP, Butler J, McAdam SR, O'Hare CC, Hartley JA
- Issue date: 1997 Jan 31
- Cross-linking and sequence specific alkylation of DNA BY aziridinylquinones. 1. Quinone methides.
- Authors: Mayalarp SP, Hargreaves RH, Butler J, O'Hare CC, Hartley JA
- Issue date: 1996 Jan 19
- Two structurally related diaziridinylbenzoquinones preferentially cross-link DNA at different sites upon reduction with DT-diaphorase.
- Authors: Berardini MD, Souhami RL, Lee CS, Gibson NW, Butler J, Hartley JA
- Issue date: 1993 Apr 6
- Design of cancer-specific antitumor agents based on aziridinylcyclopent[b]indoloquinones.
- Authors: Xing C, Wu P, Skibo EB, Dorr RT
- Issue date: 2000 Feb 10
- Mechanisms of action of quinone-containing alkylating agents: DNA alkylation by aziridinylquinones.
- Authors: Hargreaves RH, Hartley JA, Butler J
- Issue date: 2000 Nov 1