Adult nephroblastoma--five cases treated by surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiotherapy, Christie Hospital, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNephroblastoma in adults is rare; consequently very little experience of treatment for adult cases has been reported. We report five cases of adult nephroblastoma managed by nephrectomy, radiotherapy and combination chemotherapy. The treatment schedules were derived from childhood nephroblastoma regimens. However, four of the five patients were dead within 12 months of nephrectomy and all five had progression of disease whilst on combination chemotherapy. A good prognosis should not be anticipated for adult nephroblastoma. The chemotherapy schedules which are so successful in childhood nephroblastoma may require modification to improve prognosis in adults.
CitationAdult nephroblastoma--five cases treated by surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. 1987, 38 (5):483-6 Clin Radiol
- [Adult Wilms tumor: a case of prolonged survival achieved by multimodal treatment].
- Authors: Nishimura M, Takenawa J, Okada K, Kawamura J, Yoshida O, Okabe T
- Issue date: 1987 Aug
- Stage III cystic partially differentiated nephroblastoma recurring after nephrectomy and chemotherapy.
- Authors: Baker JM, Viero S, Kim PC, Grant RM
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- [Wilm's tumor].
- Authors: Fossati Bellani F
- Issue date: 1984 Mar-Apr
- Adult Wilms' tumor: case report, management, prognosis.
- Authors: Weichert-Jacobsen K, Papadopoulos I, Skrezek C, Wand H
- Issue date: 1995
- Nephroblastoma in adults.
- Authors: Roth DR, Wright J, Cawood CD Jr, Pranke DW
- Issue date: 1984 Jul