AffiliationDepartment of Chemistry, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe chalcone 3,4,3',4',5'-pentamethoxychalcone is a potent cytotoxic agent. A series of chalcones and (E)-4-(4'-hydroxyphenyl)but-3-en-2-one were prepared and assessed for their ability to inhibit cell growth in vitro. The cytotoxicity correlates with their ability to bind to tubulin as measured by immunofluorescence, cell cycle analysis and disruption of microtubule assembly. Some of the chalcones were shown to bind to the type II oestrogen receptor.
CitationThe interaction of chalcones with tubulin. 2000, 15 (2):135-41 Anticancer Drug Des.
JournalAnti-Cancer Drug Design
- Cellular targets of the anti-breast cancer agent Z-1,1-dichloro-2,3-diphenylcyclopropane: type II estrogen binding sites and tubulin.
- Authors: ter Haar E, Hamel E, Balachandran R, Day BW
- Issue date: 1997 May-Jun
- Potent antimitotic and cell growth inhibitory properties of substituted chalcones.
- Authors: Ducki S, Forrest R, Hadfield JA, Kendall A, Lawrence NJ, McGown AT, Rennison D
- Issue date: 1998 May 5
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of thiophene analogues of chalcones.
- Authors: Romagnoli R, Baraldi PG, Carrion MD, Cara CL, Cruz-Lopez O, Preti D, Tolomeo M, Grimaudo S, Di Cristina A, Zonta N, Balzarini J, Brancale A, Sarkar T, Hamel E
- Issue date: 2008 May 15
- Interaction of tubulin and cellular microtubules with the new antitumor drug MDL 27048. A powerful and reversible microtubule inhibitor.
- Authors: Peyrot V, Leynadier D, Sarrazin M, Briand C, Rodriquez A, Nieto JM, Andreu JM
- Issue date: 1989 Dec 15
- Synthesis, dimerization, and biological activity of hexaoxygenated chalcones related to calythropsin and combretastatins.
- Authors: Seguin E, Elomri A, Magiatis P, Skaltsounis AL, Chao LR, Tillequin F
- Issue date: 2002 Jun