AffiliationCRC Psychological Medicine Group, Christie Hospital, Withington, Manchester, U.K. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIf doctors and nurses involved in cancer care are to help patients and their families achieve an optimal level of quality of life and psychological adjustment they must be able to carry out key communication tasks successfully. Yet, objective scrutiny of their consultations confirms that deficiencies in their ability to conduct these tasks remain. The reasons for this are discussed before important innovations in training and their impact are described.
CitationImproving communication with cancer patients. 1999, 35 (10):1415-22 Eur. J. Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Improving communication with cancer patients.
- Authors: Maguire P
- Issue date: 1999 Dec
- [Dynamics of communication between physician and the oncologic patient].
- Authors: Proia A
- Issue date: 2002 Feb
- Effective communication skills are the key to good cancer care.
- Authors: Fallowfield L, Jenkins V
- Issue date: 1999 Oct
- Explanations in consultations: the combined effectiveness of doctors' and nurses' communication with patients.
- Authors: Collins S
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Managing the difficult consultation.
- Authors: Maguire P, Pitceathly C
- Issue date: 2003 Nov-Dec