Splenic rupture in a patient with acute myeloid leukemia undergoing peripheral blood stem cell transplantation.
AffiliationCRC Department of Experimental Haematology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSplenic rupture is a rare but well-recognized complication of hematological malignancies. Here, we present the case of a 22-year-old woman with the diagnosis of acute myeloid leukemia who was undergoing peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. On day + 10 she developed a hypovolemic shock due to rupture of her spleen and went to emergency laparotomy. This is the first report of splenic rupture during peripheral blood stem cell transplantation.
CitationSplenic rupture in a patient with acute myeloid leukemia undergoing peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. 1999, 78 (2):91-2 Ann. Hematol.
JournalAnnals of Hematology
- Fatal spleen rupture during induction chemotherapy with rh GM-CSF priming for acute monocytic leukemia. Clinical case report and in vitro studies.
- Authors: Zimmer BM, Berdel WE, Ludwig WD, Notter M, Reufi B, Thiel E
- Issue date: 1993 Mar
- Splenic rupture in a patient with plasma cell myeloma following G-CSF/GM-CSF administration for stem cell transplantation and review of the literature.
- Authors: Veerappan R, Morrison M, Williams S, Variakojis D
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- Splenic rupture after granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor mobilization in a peripheral blood progenitor cell donor.
- Authors: Balaguer H, Galmes A, Ventayol G, Bargay J, Besalduch J
- Issue date: 2004 Aug
- Spontaneous splenic rupture in a healthy allogeneic donor of peripheral-blood stem cell following the administration of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (g-csf). A case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Nuamah NM, Goker H, Kilic YA, Dagmoura H, Cakmak A
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Splenic rupture in a plasma cell leukemia, mobilized with G-CSF for autologous stem cell transplant.
- Authors: Funes C, Garcia-Candel F, Majado MJ, González-García C, Bas A, Salido E, Moraleda JM, Morales A
- Issue date: 2010