Temozolomide in adult patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma: a phase II study of the EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group.
AuthorsWoll, Penella J
Lee, Siow Ming
Nielsen, O S
Buesa, J M
Lorigan, Paul C
Van Glabbeke, Martine M
AffiliationCity Hospital, Nottingham, U.K. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTemozolomide, an oral imidazotetrazine derivative, was given to 31 patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma. The dose of 750 mg/m2 was divided over 5 consecutive days, and escalated to 1000 mg/m2 over 5 days at cycle 2 if myelosuppression no worse than common toxicity criteria grade 2 was noted in the first 28-day cycle. A total of 99 treatment cycles were given to 31 patients. The drug was well tolerated, with nausea and vomiting as the most common side-effects. Only one partial tumour response was documented, giving a response rate of 3.33%, 95% confidence interval, (CI) 0.1-17.2%. The median time to progression was 8 weeks and the median survival was 27 weeks. These results indicate that temozolomide in this schedule is not active as second-line treatment in advanced soft tissue sarcoma.
CitationTemozolomide in adult patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma: a phase II study of the EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group. 1999, 35 (3):410-2 Eur. J. Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- A phase II trial of temozolomide as a 6-week, continuous, oral schedule in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma: a study by the Spanish Group for Research on Sarcomas.
- Authors: Garcia del Muro X, Lopez-Pousa A, Martin J, Buesa JM, Martinez-Trufero J, Casado A, Poveda A, Cruz J, Bover I, Maurel J, Spanish Group for Research on Sarcomas.
- Issue date: 2005 Oct 15
- A phase II trial of temozolomide in patients with unresectable or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma.
- Authors: Talbot SM, Keohan ML, Hesdorffer M, Orrico R, Bagiella E, Troxel AB, Taub RN
- Issue date: 2003 Nov 1
- Results of randomised studies of the EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group (STBSG) with two different ifosfamide regimens in first- and second-line chemotherapy in advanced soft tissue sarcoma patients.
- Authors: van Oosterom AT, Mouridsen HT, Nielsen OS, Dombernowsky P, Krzemieniecki K, Judson I, Svancarova L, Spooner D, Hermans C, Van Glabbeke M, Verweij J, EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group.
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- A two-arm phase II study of temozolomide in patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors and other soft tissue sarcomas.
- Authors: Trent JC, Beach J, Burgess MA, Papadopolous N, Chen LL, Benjamin RS, Patel SR
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 15
- Phase II study of ET-743 in advanced soft tissue sarcomas: a European Organisation for the Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) soft tissue and bone sarcoma group trial.
- Authors: Le Cesne A, Blay JY, Judson I, Van Oosterom A, Verweij J, Radford J, Lorigan P, Rodenhuis S, Ray-Coquard I, Bonvalot S, Collin F, Jimeno J, Di Paola E, Van Glabbeke M, Nielsen OS
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 20