Extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma with neuroendocrine differentiation: a pathologic, cytogenetic, and molecular study of a case with a novel translocation t(9;17)(q22;q11.2).
Eyden, Brian P
Freemont, Anthony J
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA case of extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma (EMC) in which there was histochemical, immunohistochemical, and ultrastructural evidence of neuroendocrine differentiation is reported. Genetic investigations showed the recently described novel translocation t(9;17)(q22;q11.2) and associated fusion of the CHN and RBP56 genes, contrasting with the translocation t(9;22)(q22;q12) and EWS/CHN gene fusion found in the majority of EMCs.
CitationExtraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma with neuroendocrine differentiation: a pathologic, cytogenetic, and molecular study of a case with a novel translocation t(9;17)(q22;q11.2). 2000, 24 (7):1020-6 Am. J. Surg. Pathol.
JournalThe American Journal of Surgical Pathology
- Extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma with neuroendocrine differentiation: a case report with fine-needle aspiration biopsy, histopathology, electron microscopy, and cytogenetics.
- Authors: Domanski HA, Carlén B, Mertens F, Akerman M
- Issue date: 2003 Sep-Oct
- Molecular genetic characterization of the EWS/CHN and RBP56/CHN fusion genes in extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma.
- Authors: Panagopoulos I, Mertens F, Isaksson M, Domanski HA, Brosjö O, Heim S, Bjerkehagen B, Sciot R, Dal Cin P, Fletcher JA, Fletcher CD, Mandahl N
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- Skeletal and extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma: a comparative clinicopathologic, ultrastructural, and molecular study.
- Authors: Antonescu CR, Argani P, Erlandson RA, Healey JH, Ladanyi M, Huvos AG
- Issue date: 1998 Oct 15
- Fusion of the RBP56 and CHN genes in extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcomas with translocation t(9;17)(q22;q11).
- Authors: Panagopoulos I, Mencinger M, Dietrich CU, Bjerkehagen B, Saeter G, Mertens F, Mandahl N, Heim S
- Issue date: 1999 Dec 9
- Extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular analysis of 18 cases.
- Authors: Okamoto S, Hisaoka M, Ishida T, Imamura T, Kanda H, Shimajiri S, Hashimoto H
- Issue date: 2001 Oct