MLL amplification in acute leukaemia: a United Kingdom Cancer Cytogenetics Group (UKCCG) study.
AffiliationSchool of Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe MLL gene, located at 11q23, is frequently rearranged in acute leukaemia as either chimaeric fusion genes or partial tandem duplications. We report a series of 12 acute leukaemia cases with apparent amplification of the MLL gene ascertained using fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH). Seven cases showed intrachromosomal amplification of MLL, four cases showed extrachromosomal amplification as double minute chromosomes (dmin) and one case had separate subclones with dmin and homogenously staining region (hsr). Southern blot analysis of the MLL gene showed MLL gene rearrangement in three of the 10 successful cases. These cases do not naturally fall into either of the two recognised categories of MLL rearrangement and may represent a third variety of MLL gene abnormalities.
CitationMLL amplification in acute leukaemia: a United Kingdom Cancer Cytogenetics Group (UKCCG) study. 2000, 14 (11):1885-91 Leukemia
- A DNA probe combination for improved detection of MLL/11q23 breakpoints by double-color interphase-FISH in acute leukemias.
- Authors: von Bergh A, Emanuel B, van Zelderen-Bhola S, Smetsers T, van Soest R, Stul M, Vranckx H, Schuuring E, Hagemeijer A, Kluin P
- Issue date: 2000 May
- Incidence of MLL rearrangement in acute myeloid leukemia, and a CALM-AF10 fusion in M4 type acute myeloblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Abdou SM, Jadayel DM, Min T, Swansbury GJ, Dainton MG, Jafer O, Powles RL, Catovsky D
- Issue date: 2002 Jan
- Clinical and biological implications of partial tandem duplication of the MLL gene in acute myeloid leukemia without chromosomal abnormalities at 11q23.
- Authors: Shiah HS, Kuo YY, Tang JL, Huang SY, Yao M, Tsay W, Chen YC, Wang CH, Shen MC, Lin DT, Lin KH, Tien HF
- Issue date: 2002 Feb
- Comparison of cytogenetics, Southern blotting, and fluorescence in situ hybridization as methods for detecting MLL gene rearrangements in children with acute leukemia and with 11q23 abnormalities.
- Authors: Mathew S, Behm F, Dalton J, Raimondi S
- Issue date: 1999 Nov
- MLL amplification in myeloid leukemias: A study of 14 cases with multiple copies of 11q23.
- Authors: Michaux L, Wlodarska I, Stul M, Dierlamm J, Mugneret F, Herens C, Beverloo B, Verhest A, Verellen-Dumoulin C, Verhoef G, Selleslag D, Madoe V, Lecomte M, Deprijck B, Ferrant A, Delannoy A, Marichal S, Duhem C, Dicato M, Hagemeijer A
- Issue date: 2000 Sep