Pharmacokinetics of a hematoregulatory peptide (SK&F107647) in healthy male volunteers and in patients with colorectal or pancreatic adenocarcinoma not amenable to standard therapy.
Harris, Robert Z
Cowley, Hugh C
Valle, Juan W
Citerone, David R
Boppana, Venkata K
Scarffe, J Howard
Davis, Charles B
AffiliationSmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSE: To describe the pharmacokinetics of SK&F 107647, a synthetic hematoregulatory peptide, in healthy volunteers and in patients with adenocarcinoma. METHODS: SK&F 107647 pharmacokinetics were evaluated in 2 dose-escalation studies. Volunteers received SK&F 107647 as single 15-minute iv infusion doses of 1, 10, 100, 500, and 1,000 microg/kg. Cancer patients received 2-hour iv infusions of 0.001, 0.01, 0.1 and 1 microg/kg once daily for 10 days. Drug concentrations were quantified in plasma and urine of healthy volunteers and on days 1 and 10 in plasma of cancer patients receiving the two top dose levels. RESULTS: In volunteers, mean clearance (CL) ranged from 76.7 to 101 ml/hour/kg; mean volume of distribution at steady-state (Vss) ranged from 175 to 268 ml/kg. Most of the administered dose was renally excreted as intact peptide within 24 hours postinfusion. In patients, mean CL was 57.6 ml/hour/kg, mean Vss ranged from 128 to 150 ml/kg and terminal half-life from 2.1 to 3.4 hours. There was little accumulation of drug. In both studies, linear pharmacokinetics was observed. Clearance approached normal glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in volunteers and correlated with creatinine clearance in cancer patients. CONCLUSIONS: SK&F 107647 exhibits linear pharmacokinetics, a small Vss, and clearance, primarily renal, approaching normal GFR.
CitationPharmacokinetics of a hematoregulatory peptide (SK&F107647) in healthy male volunteers and in patients with colorectal or pancreatic adenocarcinoma not amenable to standard therapy. 2000, 17 (4):385-90 Pharm. Res.
- Interspecies pharmacokinetics of a novel hematoregulatory peptide (SK&F 107647) in rats, dogs, and oncologic patients.
- Authors: Brocks DR, Freed MI, Martin DE, Sellers TS, Mehdi N, Citerone DR, Boppana V, Levitt B, Davies BE, Nemunaitis J, Jorkasky DK
- Issue date: 1996 May
- SK&F107647: a synthetic hematoregulatory peptide in patients with solid tumor malignancies: a phase I trial.
- Authors: Nemunaitis J, Martin DE, Willis DL, Freed MI, Levitt B, Richards DA, Cox JV, Kimmel GT, Hyman WJ, Jorkasky DK, Brocks DR
- Issue date: 1998 Apr
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies of SK-896, a new human motilin analogue, in healthy male volunteers.
- Authors: Furuta Y, Nakayama Y, Nakashima M, Suzuki Y
- Issue date: 2003
- A phase I evaluation of multitargeted antifolate (MTA, LY231514), administered every 21 days, utilizing the modified continual reassessment method for dose escalation.
- Authors: Rinaldi DA, Kuhn JG, Burris HA, Dorr FA, Rodriguez G, Eckhardt SG, Jones S, Woodworth JR, Baker S, Langley C, Mascorro D, Abrahams T, Von Hoff DD
- Issue date: 1999
- Pharmacokinetics and antidiuretic effect of a new vasopressin analogue (F992) in overhydrated male volunteers.
- Authors: Callréus T, Lundahl J, Broeders A, Höglund P
- Issue date: 1999 Jun