Expression of CD11b/CD18 on neutrophils after consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia and after high dose chemotherapy with autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
AffiliationSchool of Biological Science, The University of Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractQuantitative expression of neutrophil CD11b/CD18 following chemotherapy (either conventional dose consolidation chemotherapy or high dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation) was investigated during the early recovery phase (neutrophil count 0. 5-1.0x109/l) and at full recovery (neutrophil count 1.0-2.5x109/l) following treatment. CD11b/18 expression was normal in stem cell transplantation supported patients during both early and full neutrophil recovery. By contrast CD11b/CD18 expression was markedly decreased in patients who received chemotherapy without stem cell support. These results suggest that recovery of neutrophil count may not always coincide with recovery of neutrophil function and that G-CSF stimulated peripheral stem cell transplantation enhances neutrophil function post chemotherapy.
CitationExpression of CD11b/CD18 on neutrophils after consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia and after high dose chemotherapy with autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. 2000, 17 (3):597-602 Int. J. Oncol.
JournalInternational Journal of Oncology
- Serum ICAM-1 concentrations following conventional dose consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia and after high dose chemotherapy with autologous haematopoietic stem cell rescue.
- Authors: Wang X, Clowes C, Duarte R, Pu QQ
- Issue date: 2000 Sep
- Autologous stem cell transplantation after complete remission and first consolidation in acute myeloid leukemia patients aged 61-70 years: results of the prospective EORTC-GIMEMA AML-13 study.
- Authors: Thomas X, Suciu S, Rio B, Leone G, Broccia G, Fillet G, Jehn U, Feremans W, Meloni G, Vignetti M, de Witte T, Amadori S
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Double reinforcement with fludarabine/high-dose cytarabine enhances the impact of autologous stem cell transplantation in acute myeloid leukemia patients.
- Authors: Visani G, Lemoli RM, Isidori A, Piccaluga PP, Martinelli G, Malagola M, Gugliotta L, Bonini A, Bonifazi F, Motta MR, Rizzi S, Castellani S, Tura S
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- Use of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor after high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: what is the optimal timing?
- Authors: Ener RA, Meglathery SB, Cuhaci B, Topolsky D, Styler MJ, Crilley P, Brodsky I, Kahn SB, King RS
- Issue date: 2001 Feb
- Neutrophil recovery time and adverse side effects in acute leukemia patients treated with intensive chemotherapy and concomitant G or GM-CSF.
- Authors: Alvarado Ibarra ML, Borbolla Escoboza JR, López-Hernández MA, González-Avante CM, FloresChapa JD, Trueba Christy E, Anaya Cuellar I
- Issue date: 1999 Mar-Apr