Expression of CD11b/CD18 on neutrophils after consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia and after high dose chemotherapy with autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
AffiliationSchool of Biological Science, The University of Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractQuantitative expression of neutrophil CD11b/CD18 following chemotherapy (either conventional dose consolidation chemotherapy or high dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation) was investigated during the early recovery phase (neutrophil count 0. 5-1.0x109/l) and at full recovery (neutrophil count 1.0-2.5x109/l) following treatment. CD11b/18 expression was normal in stem cell transplantation supported patients during both early and full neutrophil recovery. By contrast CD11b/CD18 expression was markedly decreased in patients who received chemotherapy without stem cell support. These results suggest that recovery of neutrophil count may not always coincide with recovery of neutrophil function and that G-CSF stimulated peripheral stem cell transplantation enhances neutrophil function post chemotherapy.
CitationExpression of CD11b/CD18 on neutrophils after consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia and after high dose chemotherapy with autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. 2000, 17 (3):597-602 Int. J. Oncol.
JournalInternational Journal of Oncology
- Serum ICAM-1 concentrations following conventional dose consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia and after high dose chemotherapy with autologous haematopoietic stem cell rescue.
- Authors: Wang X, Clowes C, Duarte R, Pu QQ
- Issue date: 2000 Sep
- Rapid engraftment after autologous transplantation utilizing marrow and recombinant granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-mobilized peripheral blood stem cells in patients with acute myelogenous leukemia.
- Authors: Demirer T, Buckner CD, Appelbaum FR, Petersen FB, Rowley S, Weaver CH, Lilleby K, Sanders J, Chauncey T, Storb R
- Issue date: 1995 Jun
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor after intensive consolidation chemotherapy in acute myeloid leukemia: results of a randomized trial of the Groupe Ouest-Est Leucémies Aigues Myeloblastiques.
- Authors: Harousseau JL, Witz B, Lioure B, Hunault-Berger M, Desablens B, Delain M, Guilhot F, Le Prise PY, Abgrall JF, Deconinck E, Guyotat D, Vilque JP, Casassus P, Tournilhac O, Audhuy B, Solary E
- Issue date: 2000 Feb
- Time sequential chemotherapy for primary refractory or relapsed adult acute myeloid leukemia: results of the phase II Gemia protocol.
- Authors: Martino R, Guardia R, Altés A, Sureda A, Brunet S, Sierra J
- Issue date: 1999 Mar
- Engraftment of allogeneic hematopoietic progenitor cells with purine analog-containing chemotherapy: harnessing graft-versus-leukemia without myeloablative therapy.
- Authors: Giralt S, Estey E, Albitar M, van Besien K, Rondón G, Anderlini P, O'Brien S, Khouri I, Gajewski J, Mehra R, Claxton D, Andersson B, Beran M, Przepiorka D, Koller C, Kornblau S, Kørbling M, Keating M, Kantarjian H, Champlin R
- Issue date: 1997 Jun 15