HBP2: a new mammalian protein that complements the fission yeast MBF transcription complex.
AffiliationInstituto de Microbiologia Bioquimica, Departamento de Microbiologia y Genética, CSIC/Universidad de Salamanca, Spain.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe mammalian HBP2 gene has been isolated by functional complementation of cells unable to undergo DNA replication in fission yeast. HBP2 is a protein with a high mobility group (HMG) domain that belongs to the Sox (Sry-related HMG box) family of transcription factors. As in other members of the family, the HMG box in HBP2 is a DNA-binding domain that is essential for its function in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Expression of HBP2 in fission yeast activates CdclO-dependent transcription at G1/S and allows growth of cdc10-129, resldelta and rep2delta mutant cells at the restrictive temperature. The mammalian HBP2 activates transcription at G1/S in the fission yeast Sch. pombe.
CitationHBP2: a new mammalian protein that complements the fission yeast MBF transcription complex. 2001, 40 (2):110-8 Curr. Genet.
- pct1+, which encodes a new DNA-binding partner of p85cdc10, is required for meiosis in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- Authors: Zhu Y, Takeda T, Nasmyth K, Jones N
- Issue date: 1994 Apr 15
- A new cdc gene required for S phase entry of Schizosaccharomyces pombe encodes a protein similar to the cdc 10+ and SWI4 gene products.
- Authors: Tanaka K, Okazaki K, Okazaki N, Ueda T, Sugiyama A, Nojima H, Okayama H
- Issue date: 1992 Dec
- Fission yeast Rep2 is a putative transcriptional activator subunit for the cell cycle 'start' function of Res2-Cdc10.
- Authors: Nakashima N, Tanaka K, Sturm S, Okayama H
- Issue date: 1995 Oct 2
- The Schizosaccharomyces pombe MBF complex requires heterodimerization for entry into S phase.
- Authors: Ayté J, Leis JF, Herrera A, Tang E, Yang H, DeCaprio JA
- Issue date: 1995 May
- The fission yeast Rad32 (Mre11)-Rad50-Nbs1 complex is required for the S-phase DNA damage checkpoint.
- Authors: Chahwan C, Nakamura TM, Sivakumar S, Russell P, Rhind N
- Issue date: 2003 Sep