HBP2: a new mammalian protein that complements the fission yeast MBF transcription complex.
AffiliationInstituto de Microbiologia Bioquimica, Departamento de Microbiologia y Genética, CSIC/Universidad de Salamanca, Spain.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe mammalian HBP2 gene has been isolated by functional complementation of cells unable to undergo DNA replication in fission yeast. HBP2 is a protein with a high mobility group (HMG) domain that belongs to the Sox (Sry-related HMG box) family of transcription factors. As in other members of the family, the HMG box in HBP2 is a DNA-binding domain that is essential for its function in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Expression of HBP2 in fission yeast activates CdclO-dependent transcription at G1/S and allows growth of cdc10-129, resldelta and rep2delta mutant cells at the restrictive temperature. The mammalian HBP2 activates transcription at G1/S in the fission yeast Sch. pombe.
CitationHBP2: a new mammalian protein that complements the fission yeast MBF transcription complex. 2001, 40 (2):110-8 Curr. Genet.
- pct1+, which encodes a new DNA-binding partner of p85cdc10, is required for meiosis in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
- Authors: Zhu Y, Takeda T, Nasmyth K, Jones N
- Issue date: 1994 Apr 15
- MCB-mediated regulation of cell cycle-specific cdc22+ transcription in fission yeast.
- Authors: Maqbool Z, Kersey PJ, Fantes PA, McInerny CJ
- Issue date: 2003 Sep
- A new cdc gene required for S phase entry of Schizosaccharomyces pombe encodes a protein similar to the cdc 10+ and SWI4 gene products.
- Authors: Tanaka K, Okazaki K, Okazaki N, Ueda T, Sugiyama A, Nojima H, Okayama H
- Issue date: 1992 Dec
- Functional domains of rep2, a transcriptional activator subunit for Res2-Cdc10, controlling the cell cycle "start".
- Authors: Tahara S, Tanaka K, Yuasa Y, Okayama H
- Issue date: 1998 Jun
- A pcl-like cyclin activates the Res2p-Cdc10p cell cycle "start" transcriptional factor complex in fission yeast.
- Authors: Tanaka K, Okayama H
- Issue date: 2000 Sep