Cytotoxic Michael-type amine adducts of alpha-methylene lactones alantolactone and isoalantolactone.
AffiliationDepartment of Chemistry, UMIST, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo series of cytotoxic (IC50, K562 cell line, 1-24 microM) alpha-aminomethyl substituted lactones 3 and 4 were prepared by stereoselective Michael-type addition of amines to alantolactone (1) and isoalantolactone (2). The lactones 1 and 2 and their amine adducts induce apoptosis and act as alkylating agents.
CitationCytotoxic Michael-type amine adducts of alpha-methylene lactones alantolactone and isoalantolactone. 2001, 11 (3):429-31 Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett.
JournalBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Antitumor agents. 3. Synthesis and cytotoxic activity of helenalin amine adducts and related derivatives.
- Authors: Lee KH, Furukawa H
- Issue date: 1972 Jun
- Steroidal alpha-methylene delta-lactones as potential antitumor agents.
- Authors: Dehal SS, Marples BA, Stretton RJ, Traynor JR
- Issue date: 1980 Jan
- 4-Methylideneisoxazolidin-5-ones--a new class of alpha-methylidene-gamma-lactones with high cytostatic activity.
- Authors: Janecki T, Wasek T, Rózalski M, Krajewska U, Studzian K, Janecka A
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 1
- Gamma-lactones alpha,beta- and beta,gamma-fused to carbocycles as novel antiproliferative drugs.
- Authors: León LG, Machín RP, Rodríguez CM, Ravelo JL, Martín VS, Padrón JM
- Issue date: 2008 Oct 1
- Synthesis and cytotoxic activity of gamma-aryl substituted alpha-alkylidene-gamma-lactones and alpha-alkylidene-gamma-lactams.
- Authors: Albrecht A, Koszuk JF, Modranka J, Rózalski M, Krajewska U, Janecka A, Studzian K, Janecki T
- Issue date: 2008 May 1