Cytotoxic Michael-type amine adducts of alpha-methylene lactones alantolactone and isoalantolactone.
AffiliationDepartment of Chemistry, UMIST, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo series of cytotoxic (IC50, K562 cell line, 1-24 microM) alpha-aminomethyl substituted lactones 3 and 4 were prepared by stereoselective Michael-type addition of amines to alantolactone (1) and isoalantolactone (2). The lactones 1 and 2 and their amine adducts induce apoptosis and act as alkylating agents.
CitationCytotoxic Michael-type amine adducts of alpha-methylene lactones alantolactone and isoalantolactone. 2001, 11 (3):429-31 Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett.
JournalBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Synthesis and biological properties of new alpha-methylene-gamma-butyrolactones and alpha,beta-unsaturated delta-lactones.
- Authors: Cateni F, Zilic J, Zacchigna M, Bonivento P, Frausin F, Scarcia V
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Antitumor agents. 3. Synthesis and cytotoxic activity of helenalin amine adducts and related derivatives.
- Authors: Lee KH, Furukawa H
- Issue date: 1972 Jun
- Semisynthesis and in vitro cytotoxic evaluation of new analogues of 1-O-acetylbritannilactone, a sesquiterpene from Inula britannica.
- Authors: Dong S, Tang JJ, Zhang CC, Tian JM, Guo JT, Zhang Q, Li H, Gao JM
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 10
- Steroidal alpha-methylene delta-lactones as potential antitumor agents.
- Authors: Dehal SS, Marples BA, Stretton RJ, Traynor JR
- Issue date: 1980 Jan
- Total synthesis as a resource in the discovery of potentially valuable antitumor agents: cycloproparadicicol.
- Authors: Yamamoto K, Garbaccio RM, Stachel SJ, Solit DB, Chiosis G, Rosen N, Danishefsky SJ
- Issue date: 2003 Mar 17