AffiliationMolecular Oncology Laboratory, Gene Regulation Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractViral cyclin/cdk6 complexes interact with and phosphorylate human Orc1, a component of the origin recognition complex (ORC) that functions in DNA replication. Here we assess the effect that viral cyclin has on the intracellular location of human Orc1, which is present in both nuclear and cytoplasmic pools. Overexpression of K cyclin or cyclin A results in Crm1-dependent export of Orc1 to the cytoplasm, and this process is dependent on the phosphorylation status of several cdk target sites in Orc1. These findings support a model where S phase promoting cyclin activity drives the export of a component of replication complexes.
CitationCyclin-mediated export of human Orc1. 2001, 271 (2):230-7 Exp. Cell Res.
JournalExperimental Cell Research
- Cyclin A- and cyclin E-Cdk complexes shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm.
- Authors: Jackman M, Kubota Y, den Elzen N, Hagting A, Pines J
- Issue date: 2002 Mar
- Viral cyclin-cyclin-dependent kinase 6 complexes initiate nuclear DNA replication.
- Authors: Laman H, Coverley D, Krude T, Laskey R, Jones N
- Issue date: 2001 Jan
- A bifunctional regulatory element in human somatic Wee1 mediates cyclin A/Cdk2 binding and Crm1-dependent nuclear export.
- Authors: Li C, Andrake M, Dunbrack R, Enders GH
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Human CDC6/Cdc18 associates with Orc1 and cyclin-cdk and is selectively eliminated from the nucleus at the onset of S phase.
- Authors: Saha P, Chen J, Thome KC, Lawlis SJ, Hou ZH, Hendricks M, Parvin JD, Dutta A
- Issue date: 1998 May
- Differential modulation of G1-S-phase cyclin-dependent kinase 2/cyclin complexes occurs during the acquisition of a polyploid DNA content.
- Authors: Datta NS, Williams JL, Long MW
- Issue date: 1998 Aug