Antimitotic and cell growth inhibitory properties of combretastatin A-4-like ethers.
AffiliationDepartment of Chemistry, UMIST, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA series of diarylamines, diaryl and arylbenzyl ethers based on combretastatin A-4 was prepared and evaluated for anticancer activity. 2-Methoxy-5-(3',4',5'-trimethoxyphenoxymethyl)phenol was the most active (IC50, K562 20 nM) and caused significant G2/M cell cycle arrest.
CitationAntimitotic and cell growth inhibitory properties of combretastatin A-4-like ethers. 2001, 11 (1):51-4 Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett.
JournalBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Novel sulfonate analogues of combretastatin A-4: potent antimitotic agents.
- Authors: Gwaltney SL 2nd, Imade HM, Barr KJ, Li Q, Gehrke L, Credo RB, Warner RB, Lee JY, Kovar P, Wang J, Nukkala MA, Zielinski NA, Frost D, Ng SC, Sham HL
- Issue date: 2001 Apr 9
- The interaction with tubulin of a series of stilbenes based on combretastatin A-4.
- Authors: Woods JA, Hadfield JA, Pettit GR, Fox BW, McGown AT
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- Antineoplastic agents. 291. Isolation and synthesis of combretastatins A-4, A-5, and A-6(1a)
- Authors: Pettit GR, Singh SB, Boyd MR, Hamel E, Pettit RK, Schmidt JM, Hogan F
- Issue date: 1995 May 12
- Medicinal chemistry of combretastatin A4: present and future directions.
- Authors: Tron GC, Pirali T, Sorba G, Pagliai F, Busacca S, Genazzani AA
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 1
- Synthesis and antitumor activity of benzils related to combretastatin A-4.
- Authors: Mousset C, Giraud A, Provot O, Hamze A, Bignon J, Liu JM, Thoret S, Dubois J, Brion JD, Alami M
- Issue date: 2008 Jun 1