Characterization of germline TP53 splicing mutations and their genetic and functional analysis.
Attwooll, Claire L
White, Gavin R M
Thorncroft, Mary R
Kelsey, Anna M
Greaves, Martin J
Boyle, John M
Birch, Jillian M
AffiliationCRC Cancer Genetics Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGermline TP53 splicing mutations have been described infrequently (>2%) in the literature, however in a series of 40 patients and families identified by our group in which there are germline TP53 mutations, seven affect splicing (18%). The low figure reported in the literature might reflect the method of mutation detection, which in many studies does not include all splice junctions. These data indicate that a significant proportion of TP53 germline mutations are currently unrecognized. We have carried out detailed studies of the effects of the different mutations on splicing, and see distinct variations in the effects of the same mutation in different patients. Furthermore we have identified the usage of a non-consensus splice donor site in four families with an intron 4 splice donor mutation.
CitationCharacterization of germline TP53 splicing mutations and their genetic and functional analysis. 2001, 20 (21):2647-54 Oncogene
- Genetic and functional studies of a germline TP53 splicing mutation in a Li-Fraumeni-like family.
- Authors: Varley JM, Chapman P, McGown G, Thorncroft M, White GR, Greaves MJ, Scott D, Spreadborough A, Tricker KJ, Birch JM, Evans DG, Reddel R, Camplejohn RS, Burn J, Boyle JM
- Issue date: 1998 Jun 25
- Germ-line mutations of TP53 in Li-Fraumeni families: an extended study of 39 families.
- Authors: Varley JM, McGown G, Thorncroft M, Santibanez-Koref MF, Kelsey AM, Tricker KJ, Evans DG, Birch JM
- Issue date: 1997 Aug 1
- The TP53 gene promoter is not methylated in families suggestive of Li-Fraumeni syndrome with no germline TP53 mutations.
- Authors: Finkova A, Vazna A, Hrachovina O, Bendova S, Prochazkova K, Sedlacek Z
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Germline TP53 mutations and Li-Fraumeni syndrome.
- Authors: Varley JM
- Issue date: 2003 Mar
- Telomere length in peripheral blood cells of germline TP53 mutation carriers is shorter than that of normal individuals of corresponding age.
- Authors: Trkova M, Prochazkova K, Krutilkova V, Sumerauer D, Sedlacek Z
- Issue date: 2007 Aug 1