Changes in lipoprotein(a) levels measured by six kit methods during growth hormone treatment of growth hormone-deficient adults.
AffiliationDepartments of Biochemistry, Endocrinology, Medical Statistics, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLipoprotein(a) [Lp(a)], an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease, has previously been reported to increase, decrease or show no change in growth hormone (GH)-deficient individuals receiving GH replacement. To assess whether these inconsistencies could be attributed to differences in immunoassay methods, Lp(a) was measured by six commercial kits at 0, 3, 6 and 9 months in nine GH-deficient individuals (median age 68.3 years, six male) during 9 months GH therapy. There was a significant rise in Lp(a) with the INCStar immunoturbidimetric (IT) method and the Mercodia enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) (P
CitationChanges in lipoprotein(a) levels measured by six kit methods during growth hormone treatment of growth hormone-deficient adults. 2000, 10 (1):14-9 Growth Horm. IGF Res.
JournalGrowth Hormone & IGF Research
- Changes in lipoprotein (a) levels measured by six kit methods during growth hormone treatment of growth hormone deficient adults.
- Authors: Laron Z
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- Plasma total homocysteine concentrations in adults with growth hormone (GH) deficiency: effects of GH replacement.
- Authors: Lewandowski KC, Murray RD, Drzewoski J, O'Callaghan CJ, Czupryniak L, Hillhouse EW, Shalet SM, Randeva HS
- Issue date: 2003 Nov
- Long-term skeletal effects of recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) alone and rhGH combined with alendronate in GH-deficient adults: a seven-year follow-up study.
- Authors: Biermasz NR, Hamdy NA, Pereira AM, Romijn JA, Roelfsema F
- Issue date: 2004 May
- Comparative results of a 4-year study on cardiovascular parameters, lipid metabolism, body composition and bone mass between untreated and treated adult growth hormone deficient patients.
- Authors: Fideleff HL, Boquete HR, Stalldecker G, Giaccio AV, Sobrado PG
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Night sleep EEG and daytime sleep propensity in adult hypopituitary patients with growth hormone deficiency before and after six months of growth hormone replacement.
- Authors: Schneider HJ, Oertel H, Murck H, Pollmächer T, Stalla GK, Steiger A
- Issue date: 2005 Jan