Insulin-like growth factor 1 measurement in diagnosis and management of acromegaly.
AffiliationDepartment of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis article discusses the characteristic features of growth hormone secretion and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-1) concentrations both in patients with acromegaly and in normal subjects. The therapeutic options for the treatment of acromegaly are briefly discussed, as are the current definitions of successful therapy. The article focuses on the use of serum and urinary growth hormone measurements along with the current and potential use of serum IGF-1, both at diagnosis and during long-term follow-up.
CitationInsulin-like growth factor 1 measurement in diagnosis and management of acromegaly. 2001, 38 (Pt 4):297-303 Ann. Clin. Biochem.
JournalAnnals of Clinical Biochemistry
- Growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor-I and its binding proteins in the follow-up of acromegaly.
- Authors: Wass JA
- Issue date: 1997 Oct
- Role of insulin-like growth factor-I in diagnosis and management of acromegaly.
- Authors: Clemmons DR
- Issue date: 2004 Jul-Aug
- Dynamic tests and basal values for defining active acromegaly.
- Authors: Tzanela M
- Issue date: 2006
- Acromegaly presenting with low insulin-like growth factor-1 levels and diabetes: a case report.
- Authors: Wijayaratne DR, Arambewela MH, Dalugama C, Wijesundera D, Somasundaram N, Katulanda P
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 30
- Diagnostic value of the acid-labile subunit in acromegaly: evaluation in comparison with insulin-like growth factor (IGF) I, and IGF-binding protein-1, -2, and -3.
- Authors: Arosio M, Garrone S, Bruzzi P, Faglia G, Minuto F, Barreca A
- Issue date: 2001 Mar