Caelyx (stealth liposomal doxorubicin) in the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Campaign, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M204BX, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAnthracyclines are amongst the most active drugs in the treatment of breast cancer. Stealth liposomal doxorubicin (Caelyx, Doxil, Alza Pharmaceuticals Inc.) is a promising new agent under investigation for the treatment of breast cancer and other solid tumours. The liposomal encapsulation alters drug pharmacokinetics and leads to a marked change in toxicity profile compared to non-liposomal doxorubicin. The results of recently completed and ongoing clinical trials in breast cancer are reviewed.
CitationCaelyx (stealth liposomal doxorubicin) in the treatment of advanced breast cancer. 2001, 37 (2):115-20 Crit. Rev. Oncol. Hematol.
JournalCritical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology
- Liposomal doxorubicin and conventionally fractionated radiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer and head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Koukourakis MI, Koukouraki S, Giatromanolaki A, Archimandritis SC, Skarlatos J, Beroukas K, Bizakis JG, Retalis G, Karkavitsas N, Helidonis ES
- Issue date: 1999 Nov
- Caelyx/Doxil for the treatment of metastatic ovarian and breast cancer.
- Authors: Tejada-Berges T, Granai CO, Gordinier M, Gajewski W
- Issue date: 2002 Apr
- Liposomal anthracyclines for breast cancer.
- Authors: Sparano JA, Winer EP
- Issue date: 2001 Aug
- Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin: metamorphosis of an old drug into a new form of chemotherapy.
- Authors: Gabizon AA
- Issue date: 2001
- Efficacy and toxicity profile of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (Caelyx) in patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Authors: Rom J, Bechstein S, Domschke C, Golatta M, Mayer C, Heil J, Thum J, Smetanay K, Windemuth-Kieselbach C, Wallwiener M, Marme F, Schuetz F, Sohn C, Schneeweiss A
- Issue date: 2014 Feb