Improvement in quality of life for cancer patients treated with epoetin alfa.
AuthorsLibretto, S E
Barrett-Lee, P J
Gorst, D W
AffiliationJanssen-Cilag Ltd, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAnaemia is a common complication of cancer and cancer therapies, and fatigue is one of the most common symptoms of anaemia, disrupting functional performance and reducing overall quality of life. The positive effects of treating renal patients with recombinant human erythropoietin are well documented. This case report series details the specific effects of fatigue on individual patients with cancer and their way of life, and describes their significant improvement in lifestyle following the reversal of anaemia using recombinant human erythropoietin, epoetin alfa.
CitationImprovement in quality of life for cancer patients treated with epoetin alfa. 2001, 10 (3):183-91 Eur J Cancer Care
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer Care
- Antianemic effect of once weekly regimen of epoetin alfa 40,000 units in anemic cancer patients receiving chemotherapy.
- Authors: Voravud N, Sriuranpong V, Suwanrusme H
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- The effect of Epoetin alfa on quality of life in anemic cancer patients.
- Authors: Cella D, Bron D
- Issue date: 1999 Jul-Aug
- Early Intervention with epoetin alfa during platinum-based chemotherapy: an analysis of quality-of-life results of a multicenter, randomized, controlled trial compared with population normative data.
- Authors: Savonije JH, van Groeningen CJ, Wormhoudt LW, Giaccone G
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Role of epoetin in the management of anaemia in patients with lung cancer.
- Authors: Morère JF
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Utilisation review of epoetin alfa in cancer patients at a cancer centre in Singapore.
- Authors: Chan A, Lim LL, Tao M
- Issue date: 2009 Apr