A continuum model to analyse spatial cell fluxes from positional labelling data applied to cell migration in oral mucosa.
AffiliationUniversity of Leipzig, Institute of Medical Informatics, Statistics & Epidemiology, Liebigstrasse 27, Leipzig D-04103, Germany.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel method is presented which allows the estimation of the velocity of migrating cells from positional 3HTdR labelling data in spatially organized epithelial tissues. In a continuum approach, wave-like profiles of labelling index (LI) data, which travel away from the basal layer, are followed and compared with experimental LI profiles. The method yields estimates of migration velocity, cell flow, and turnover time. Results for the ventral tongue mucosa in a group of 55 BDF1 mice that were labelled at the same time of the day and culled at different time points within a 24-h period have been analysed. The results show a strong circadian rhythm in the migration velocity and the related parameters.
CitationA continuum model to analyse spatial cell fluxes from positional labelling data applied to cell migration in oral mucosa. 2002, 35 Suppl 1:48-59 Cell Prolif.
- Cell kinetic studies in the murine ventral tongue epithelium: thymidine metabolism studies and circadian rhythm determination.
- Authors: Potten CS, Booth D, Cragg NJ, Tudor GL, O'Shea JA, Appleton D, Barthel D, Gerike TG, Meineke FA, Loeffler M, Booth C
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- Tritiated thymidine and bromodeoxyuridine double-labelling studies on growth factors and oral epithelial proliferation in the mouse.
- Authors: Thomson PJ, McGurk M, Potten CS, Walton GM, Appleton DR
- Issue date: 1999 Sep
- Cell kinetic studies in murine ventral tongue epithelium: cell cycle progression studies using double labelling techniques.
- Authors: Potten CS, Booth D, Cragg NJ, O'Shea JA, Tudor GL, Booth C
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- Double labelling of cells with tritiated thymidine and bromodeoxyuridine reveals a circadian rhythm-dependent variation in duration of DNA synthesis and S phase flux rates in rodent oral epithelium.
- Authors: Hume WJ, Thompson J
- Issue date: 1990 Jul
- Cell kinetic studies in mouse tongue mucosa by autoradiographic, immunohistochemical and flow cytometric techniques.
- Authors: Dörr W, Arui J, Beisker W, Schultz-Hector S
- Issue date: 1994 Jun