Locoregionally recurrent breast cancer: incidence, risk factors and survival.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLocoregional recurrence (LRR) after therapy for early breast cancer is common. Patients with LRR can suffer both local consequences and symptoms of metastatic disease, as LRR is an independent predictor of subsequent distant metastases. Much of the available data on LRR is derived from small, single institution, retrospective studies, so marked differences in the incidence rates for LRR, it's risk factors and subsequent systemic recurrence are reported. The purpose of this review was to try and collate this data in a format that would be useful for both clinicians and their patients.
CitationLocoregionally recurrent breast cancer: incidence, risk factors and survival. 2001, 27 (2):67-82 Cancer Treat. Rev.
JournalCancer Treatment Reviews
- Does treatment at the time of locoregional failure of breast cancer alter prognosis?
- Authors: Clemons M, Hamilton T, Goss P
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- Locoregional recurrence after mastectomy: incidence and outcomes.
- Authors: Buchanan CL, Dorn PL, Fey J, Giron G, Naik A, Mendez J, Murphy C, Sclafani LM
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Loco-regional recurrence after mastectomy in high-risk breast cancer--risk and prognosis. An analysis of patients from the DBCG 82 b&c randomization trials.
- Authors: Nielsen HM, Overgaard M, Grau C, Jensen AR, Overgaard J
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Predictors of locoregional recurrence among patients with early-stage breast cancer treated with breast-conserving therapy.
- Authors: Mirza NQ, Vlastos G, Meric F, Buchholz TA, Esnaola N, Singletary SE, Kuerer HM, Newman LA, Ames FC, Ross MI, Feig BW, Pollock RE, McNeese M, Strom E, Hunt KK
- Issue date: 2002 Apr
- The safety of breast-conserving surgery in patients who achieve a complete pathologic response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Authors: Peintinger F, Symmans WF, Gonzalez-Angulo AM, Boughey JC, Buzdar AU, Yu TK, Hunt KK, Singletary SE, Babiera GV, Lucci A, Meric-Bernstam F, Kuerer HM
- Issue date: 2006 Sep 15