AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis paper challenges the perception that the success of the human genome project has brought us to the threshold of a cure for many common cancers. Paradoxically, the message emerging from the genetics of breast cancer may be that the genetic damage associated with malignant transformation, and the mutations predisposing to the disease in our gene pool, may prove impossible to eliminate. Copyright Harcourt Publishers Limited.
CitationThere may never be a final cure for breast cancer. 2001, 27 (4):338-9 Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- The presence of hereditary BRCA1 gene mutations in women with familial breast or ovarian cancer and the frequency of occurrence of these tumours in their relatives.
- Authors: Skasko E, Paszko Z, Niwińska A, Kwiatkowska E, Kruczek A, Pieńkowski T
- Issue date: 2004
- Use of expression data and the CGEMS genome-wide breast cancer association study to identify genes that may modify risk in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers.
- Authors: Walker LC, Waddell N, Ten Haaf A, kConFab Investigators., Grimmond S, Spurdle AB
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Intra-abdominal carcinomatosis after prophylactic oophorectomy in women of hereditary breast ovarian cancer syndrome kindreds associated with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations.
- Authors: Casey MJ, Synder C, Bewtra C, Narod SA, Watson P, Lynch HT
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Population BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation frequencies and cancer penetrances: a kin-cohort study in Ontario, Canada.
- Authors: Risch HA, McLaughlin JR, Cole DE, Rosen B, Bradley L, Fan I, Tang J, Li S, Zhang S, Shaw PA, Narod SA
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 6
- Breast-feeding and the risk of breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers.
- Authors: Jernström H, Lubinski J, Lynch HT, Ghadirian P, Neuhausen S, Isaacs C, Weber BL, Horsman D, Rosen B, Foulkes WD, Friedman E, Gershoni-Baruch R, Ainsworth P, Daly M, Garber J, Olsson H, Sun P, Narod SA
- Issue date: 2004 Jul 21