Evidence of nerve sheath differentiation and high grade morphology in sclerosing epithelioid fibrosarcoma.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road, Farnworth, Bolton BL4 0JR, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSclerosing epithelioid fibrosarcoma is a recently described sarcoma in which ultrastructural evidence of fibroblastic differentiation forms part of the diagnostic criteria. This report describes a further case of this tumour, which showed evidence of both fibroblastic and perineurial differentiation by immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy, and which had areas of high grade morphology. The tumour metastasised and the patient died of disease 12 months after presentation. The relevance of these findings to diagnosis and differentiation in these tumours is discussed.
CitationEvidence of nerve sheath differentiation and high grade morphology in sclerosing epithelioid fibrosarcoma. 2001, 54 (9):721-3 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- Spectrum of low-grade fibrosarcomas: a comparative ultrastructural analysis of low-grade myxofibrosarcoma and fibromyxoid sarcoma.
- Authors: Antonescu CR, Baren A
- Issue date: 2004 Sep-Dec
- Low-grade fibrosarcoma--report on 39 not otherwise specified cases and comparison with defined low-grade fibrosarcoma types.
- Authors: Hansen T, Katenkamp K, Brodhun M, Katenkamp D
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- FUS rearrangements are rare in 'pure' sclerosing epithelioid fibrosarcoma.
- Authors: Wang WL, Evans HL, Meis JM, Liegl-Atzwanger B, Bovee JV, Goldblum JR, Billings SD, Rubin BP, López-Terrada D, Lazar AJ
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Epithelioid variant of myxofibrosarcoma: expanding the clinicomorphologic spectrum of myxofibrosarcoma in a series of 17 cases.
- Authors: Nascimento AF, Bertoni F, Fletcher CD
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- Primary sclerosing epithelioid fibrosarcoma of the sacrum: a case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Chow LT, Lui YH, Kumta SM, Allen PW
- Issue date: 2004 Jan