Longitudinal variation in O(6)-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase activity in the human colon and rectum.
AuthorsLees, Nicholas P
Harrison, Kathryn L
Hall, C Nicholas
Margison, Geoffrey P
Povey, Andrew C
AffiliationCancer Research UK, Carcinogenesis Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester M20 9BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn a systematic study of O(6)-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase activity in the human colon and rectum, tumours were found to occur in regions of low activity. These results are consistent with the hypothesis that O(6)-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase levels and alkylating agent exposure may be important determinants of large bowel tumorigenesis.
CitationLongitudinal variation in O(6)-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase activity in the human colon and rectum. 2002, 87 (2):168-70 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Determinants of O(6)-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase activity in normal and tumour tissue from human colon and rectum.
- Authors: Povey AC, Hall CN, Cooper DP, O'Connor PJ, Margison GP
- Issue date: 2000 Jan 1
- Determinants of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase activity in human colon cancer.
- Authors: Gerson SL, Allay E, Vitantonio K, Dumenco LL
- Issue date: 1995 May
- Low O6-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase activity in normal colorectal tissue is associated with colorectal tumours containing a GC-->AT transition in the K-ras oncogene.
- Authors: Jackson PE, Hall CN, O'Connor PJ, Cooper DP, Margison GP, Povey AC
- Issue date: 1997 Jul
- Quantitative immunohistochemical estimates of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase expression in normal and malignant human colon.
- Authors: Zaidi NH, Liu L, Gerson SL
- Issue date: 1996 Mar
- Heterogeneity of O6-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase expression in human breast tumours.
- Authors: Clemons MJ, Bibby MC, El Teraifi H, Forster G, Kelly J, Banerjee S, Cadman B, Ryder WD, Howell A, Margison GP
- Issue date: 2002 Jun 5