AffiliationPaterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe need to turn raw data into knowledge has led the bioinformatics field to focus increasingly on the manipulation of information. By drawing parallels with both cryptography and artificial intelligence, we can develop an understanding of the changes that are occurring in bioinformatics, and how these changes are likely to influence the bioinformatics job market.
CitationBioinformatics goes back to the future. 2003, 4 (2):157-62 Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol.
JournalNature Reviews. Molecular Cell Biology
- The National Library of Medicine.
- Authors: Lindberg DA
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Biointelligence age: implications for the future of medicine.
- Authors: Satava RM
- Issue date: 2001
- Trends in computer applications in medical care.
- Authors: Safran C, Gladstone S, Lo E, Boro JE, Slack WV
- Issue date: 1994 May-Jun
- Concepts, knowledge and language in healthcare information systems: follow-up 30 months later.
- Authors: Scherrer JR
- Issue date: 1998 Nov
- Pacing and computing.
- Authors: Whitlock T
- Issue date: 2001 Oct 12