Rapid screening of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose infusions for volatile organic compound contaminants by solid phase microextraction with gas chromatography-selective ion monitoring mass spectrometry (SPME-GC-SIMMS).
AffiliationDepartment of Instrumentation and Analytical Science, UMIST, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA method compatible with radioactive samples, capable of detecting trace volatile components in a sample volume of ca. 1cm(3) of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose solution is described. The approach, based on solid phase micro-extraction gas chromatography-mass spectrometry with a carboxen/polydimethylsiloxane based fibre, was optimised with respect to extraction time (10 min), extraction temperature (60 degrees C) and phase volume ratio (1). The analysis time, including extraction, was less than 20 min with linear responses for acetonitrile and ethanol over the ranges: 0.09-80 microg cm(-3) (22 degrees C, acetonitrile) and 0.78-79 microg cm(-3) (22 degrees C, ethanol). The detection limits were estimated to be ca. 0.78 microg cm(-3) for ethanol and 0.09 microg cm(-3) for acetonitrile. Stability studies indicated analyte losses of up to 75% over 24h and analysis of aged 2-[18F]FDG samples showed that levels of ethanol and acetonitrile were not less than 100 microg cm(-3), indicative of levels substantially greater than this in the original infusions given to human subjects.
CitationRapid screening of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose infusions for volatile organic compound contaminants by solid phase microextraction with gas chromatography-selective ion monitoring mass spectrometry (SPME-GC-SIMMS). 2003, 58 (2):193-200 Appl Radiat Isot
JournalApplied Radiation and Isotopes
- Determination of volatile oak compounds in wine by headspace solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry.
- Authors: Carrillo JD, Garrido-López A, Tena MT
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 13
- Experimental design to optimise the analysis of organic volatile compounds in cow slurry by headspace solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry.
- Authors: Larreta J, Vallejo A, Bilbao U, Alonso A, Arana G, Zuloaga O
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 8
- Chemical impurities in [18F]FDG preparations produced by solid-phase 18F-fluorination.
- Authors: Kuge Y, Nishijima K, Nagatsu K, Seki K, Ohkura K, Tanaka A, Sasaki M, Tsukamoto E, Tamaki N
- Issue date: 2002 Feb
- Optimisation of a headspace-solid-phase micro-extraction method for simultaneous determination of organometallic compounds of mercury, lead and tin in water by gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry.
- Authors: Beceiro-González E, Guimaraes A, Alpendurada MF
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 17
- Solid phase microextraction sampling for a rapid and simple on-site evaluation of volatile organic compounds emitted from building materials.
- Authors: Nicolle J, Desauziers V, Mocho P
- Issue date: 2008 Oct 24