Rapid screening of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose infusions for volatile organic compound contaminants by solid phase microextraction with gas chromatography-selective ion monitoring mass spectrometry (SPME-GC-SIMMS).
AffiliationDepartment of Instrumentation and Analytical Science, UMIST, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA method compatible with radioactive samples, capable of detecting trace volatile components in a sample volume of ca. 1cm(3) of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose solution is described. The approach, based on solid phase micro-extraction gas chromatography-mass spectrometry with a carboxen/polydimethylsiloxane based fibre, was optimised with respect to extraction time (10 min), extraction temperature (60 degrees C) and phase volume ratio (1). The analysis time, including extraction, was less than 20 min with linear responses for acetonitrile and ethanol over the ranges: 0.09-80 microg cm(-3) (22 degrees C, acetonitrile) and 0.78-79 microg cm(-3) (22 degrees C, ethanol). The detection limits were estimated to be ca. 0.78 microg cm(-3) for ethanol and 0.09 microg cm(-3) for acetonitrile. Stability studies indicated analyte losses of up to 75% over 24h and analysis of aged 2-[18F]FDG samples showed that levels of ethanol and acetonitrile were not less than 100 microg cm(-3), indicative of levels substantially greater than this in the original infusions given to human subjects.
CitationRapid screening of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose infusions for volatile organic compound contaminants by solid phase microextraction with gas chromatography-selective ion monitoring mass spectrometry (SPME-GC-SIMMS). 2003, 58 (2):193-200 Appl Radiat Isot
JournalApplied Radiation and Isotopes
- Potentialities of two solventless extraction approaches--stir bar sorptive extraction and headspace solid-phase microextraction for determination of higher alcohol acetates, isoamyl esters and ethyl esters in wines.
- Authors: Perestrelo R, Nogueira JM, Câmara JS
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 15
- Multiple headspace solid-phase microextraction for quantifying volatile free fatty acids in cheeses.
- Authors: Rincón AA, Pino V, Ayala JH, Afonso AM
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Simultaneous determination of 76 micropollutants in water samples by headspace solid phase microextraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry.
- Authors: Martínez C, Ramírez N, Gómez V, Pocurull E, Borrull F
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 15
- Determination of volatile oak compounds in aged wines by multiple headspace solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (MHS-SPME-GC-MS).
- Authors: Carrillo JD, Tena MT
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Direct quantitation of volatile organic compounds in packaging materials by headspace solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry.
- Authors: Ezquerro S, Pons B, Tena MT
- Issue date: 2003 Jan 24