The total synthesis of an aurone isolated from Uvaria hamiltonii: aurones and flavones as anticancer agents.
AffiliationDepartment of Chemistry, Cardiff University, PO Box 912, Cardiff CF10 3TB, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe naturally occurring aurone 1, isolated from Uvaria hamiltonii, and a series of aurones analogues based structurally on known tubulin binding agents were prepared and evaluated for anticancer activity. Aurone 20 was the most active (IC(50) K562 50 nM) and caused significant G2/M cell-cycle arrest.
CitationThe total synthesis of an aurone isolated from Uvaria hamiltonii: aurones and flavones as anticancer agents. 2003, 13 (21):3759-63 Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett.
JournalBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Inhibitory effect of tumor cell proliferation and induction of G2/M cell cycle arrest by panaxytriol.
- Authors: Kim JY, Lee KW, Kim SH, Wee JJ, Kim YS, Lee HJ
- Issue date: 2002 Feb
- New compounds with DNA strand-scission activity from the combined leaf and stem of Uvaria hamiltonii.
- Authors: Huang L, Wall ME, Wani MC, Navarro H, Santisuk T, Reutrakul V, Seo EK, Farnsworth NR, Kinghorn AD
- Issue date: 1998 Apr
- Flavones and flavonols exert cytotoxic effects on a human oesophageal adenocarcinoma cell line (OE33) by causing G2/M arrest and inducing apoptosis.
- Authors: Zhang Q, Zhao XH, Wang ZJ
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Influence of the skeleton on the cytotoxicity of flavonoids.
- Authors: Lewin G, Aubert G, Thoret S, Dubois J, Cresteil T
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 1
- Four new C-benzyl flavonoids from the fruit of Uvaria cherrevensis.
- Authors: Auranwiwat C, Rattanajak R, Kamchonwongpaisan S, Laphookhieo S, Pyne SG, Limtharakul T
- Issue date: 2018 Oct