Variability and regulation of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase.
AffiliationCancer Research Uk Carcinogenesis Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester M20 4BX, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractO(6)-Alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase (ATase) confers resistance to many of the biological effects of certain classes of alkylating agents by repairing the DNA lesions responsible. The role of ATase in the mutagenic and toxic effects of the carcinogenic and antitumour alkylating agents are of interest in relation to the prevention and treatment of cancer in man. In this commentary we specifically focus on the variation in ATase levels and our current understanding of the factors involved in the regulation of ATase expression.
CitationVariability and regulation of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase. 2003, 24 (4):625-35 Carcinogenesis
- O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase: role in carcinogenesis and chemotherapy.
- Authors: Margison GP, Santibáñez-Koref MF
- Issue date: 2002 Mar
- The potential role of glycine-160 of human O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase in reaction with O6-benzylguanine as determined by site-directed mutagenesis and molecular modelling comparisons.
- Authors: Rafferty JA, Wibley JE, Speers P, Hickson I, Margison GP, Moody PC, Douglas KT
- Issue date: 1997 Sep 26
- Differential expression of the O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase gene in normal human breast and skin tissue: in situ mapping of cell type-specific expression.
- Authors: Wani G, D'Ambrosio SM
- Issue date: 1995 Mar
- Identification and characterisation of the Drosophila melanogaster O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase cDNA.
- Authors: Kooistra R, Zonneveld JB, Watson AJ, Margison GP, Lohman PH, Pastink A
- Issue date: 1999 Apr 15
- Heterogeneity of O6-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase expression in human breast tumours.
- Authors: Clemons MJ, Bibby MC, El Teraifi H, Forster G, Kelly J, Banerjee S, Cadman B, Ryder WD, Howell A, Margison GP
- Issue date: 2002 Jun 5