The human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor alpha2 isoform influences haemopoietic lineage commitment and divergence.
AuthorsSlater, Nicholas J
Rothwell, Dominic G
Heyworth, Clare M
AffiliationStem Cell and Leukaemia Biology Group, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA number of alternatively spliced isoforms of haemopoietic growth factor receptors (HGFRs) have been described, but their role in human haemopoiesis remains undetermined. We have investigated the relative expression of the alpha1 and alpha2 isoforms of human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor (hGM-CSFR) during haemopoietic cell differentiation, and have shown that both subunits are independently regulated during differentiation of CD34+ human haemopoietic progenitor cells. To further investigate these ex-vivo observations, we established a series of murine FDCP mix cell lines, which, as a consequence of the ectopic expression of alpha1 or alpha2 hGM-CSFR, demonstrated differential differentiation responses to hGM-CSF. In this model system, hGM-CSFR-alpha2-expressing cells showed increased hGM-CSF-mediated erythroid/megakaryocytic differentiation compared with hGM-CSFR-alpha1-expressing cells.
CitationThe human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor alpha2 isoform influences haemopoietic lineage commitment and divergence. 2003, 122 (1):150-8 Br. J. Haematol.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (hGM-CSF)-dependent in vitro and in vivo proliferation and differentiation of all hematopoietic progenitor cells in hGM-CSF receptor transgenic mice.
- Authors: Nishijima I, Watanabe S, Nakahata T, Arai K
- Issue date: 1997 Dec
- Activation of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-3 receptor subunits in a multipotential hematopoietic progenitor cell line leads to differential effects on development.
- Authors: Evans CA, Pierce A, Winter SA, Spooncer E, Heyworth CM, Whetton AD
- Issue date: 1999 Sep 1
- Human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (hGM-CSF) stimulates primitive and definitive erythropoiesis in mouse embryos expressing hGM-CSF receptors but not erythropoietin receptors.
- Authors: Hisakawa H, Sugiyama D, Nishijima I, Xu MJ, Wu H, Nakao K, Watanabe S, Katsuki M, Asano S, Arai K, Nakahata T, Tsuji K
- Issue date: 2001 Dec 15
- Hematopoietic and lymphopoietic responses in human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) receptor transgenic mice injected with human GM-CSF.
- Authors: Nishijima I, Nakahata T, Watanabe S, Tsuji K, Tanaka I, Hirabayashi Y, Inoue T, Arai K
- Issue date: 1997 Aug 1
- Reconstituted human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor transduces growth-promoting signals in mouse NIH 3T3 cells: comparison with signalling in BA/F3 pro-B cells.
- Authors: Watanabe S, Mui AL, Muto A, Chen JX, Hayashida K, Yokota T, Miyajima A, Arai K
- Issue date: 1993 Mar