AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe recent development of highly selective, target-based cancer therapeutics, such as ZD1839 has resulted from a greater understanding of tumor biology. Amongst the most promising of new target-based agents are inhibitors of the epidermal growth factor receptor. ZD 1839 is a potent, selective epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor that has demonstrated promising results in early clinical trials.
CitationZD1839 (IRESSA): a selective EGFR-TK inhibitor. 2002, 2 (2):161-8 Expert Rev Anticancer Ther
JournalExpert Review of Anticancer Therapy
- Suppression of epidermal growth factor receptor, mitogen-activated protein kinase, and Pak1 pathways and invasiveness of human cutaneous squamous cancer cells by the tyrosine kinase inhibitor ZD1839 (Iressa).
- Authors: Barnes CJ, Bagheri-Yarmand R, Mandal M, Yang Z, Clayman GL, Hong WK, Kumar R
- Issue date: 2003 Apr
- Effect of epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibition on epithelial proliferation in normal and premalignant breast.
- Authors: Chan KC, Knox WF, Gee JM, Morris J, Nicholson RI, Potten CS, Bundred NJ
- Issue date: 2002 Jan 1
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (HER1) tyrosine kinase inhibitor ZD1839 (Iressa) inhibits HER2/neu (erbB2)-overexpressing breast cancer cells in vitro and in vivo.
- Authors: Moulder SL, Yakes FM, Muthuswamy SK, Bianco R, Simpson JF, Arteaga CL
- Issue date: 2001 Dec 15
- Brain tumors in mice are susceptible to blockade of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) with the oral, specific, EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitor ZD1839 (iressa).
- Authors: Heimberger AB, Learn CA, Archer GE, McLendon RE, Chewning TA, Tuck FL, Pracyk JB, Friedman AH, Friedman HS, Bigner DD, Sampson JH
- Issue date: 2002 Nov
- Enhancement of radiosensitivity in head and neck cancer cells by ZD1839 ('IRESSA'), a selective epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor.
- Authors: Shintani S, Kiyota A, Mihara M, Sumida T, Kayahara H, Nakashiro K, Hamakawa H
- Issue date: 2003 Oct