A phase II trial of bryostatin-1 administered by weekly 24-hour infusion in recurrent epithelial ovarian carcinoma.
AuthorsClamp, Andrew R
Blackhall, Fiona H
Jayson, Gordon C
AffiliationCancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBryostatin-1 is a macrocyclic lactone whose main mechanism of action is protein kinase C modulation. We investigated its activity as a weekly 24-h infusion in recurrent ovarian carcinoma. In all, 17 patients were recruited and 11 had chemotherapy-resistant disease as defined by disease progression within 4 months of last cytotoxic therapy. All were evaluable for toxicity and 14 for response. There were no disease responses and the main toxicity was myalgia.
CitationA phase II trial of bryostatin-1 administered by weekly 24-hour infusion in recurrent epithelial ovarian carcinoma. 2003, 89 (7):1152-4 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- A phase II trial of bryostatin 1 in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Blackhall FH, Ranson M, Radford JA, Hancock BW, Soukop M, McGown AT, Robbins A, Halbert G, Jayson GC, Cancer Research Campaign Phase I/II Committee.
- Issue date: 2001 Feb
- Phase II trial of the combination of bryostatin-1 and cisplatin in advanced or recurrent carcinoma of the cervix: a New York Gynecologic Oncology Group study.
- Authors: Nezhat F, Wadler S, Muggia F, Mandeli J, Goldberg G, Rahaman J, Runowicz C, Murgo AJ, Gardner GJ
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Phase Ib trial of bryostatin 1 in patients with refractory malignancies.
- Authors: Grant S, Roberts J, Poplin E, Tombes MB, Kyle B, Welch D, Carr M, Bear HD
- Issue date: 1998 Mar
- Weekly bryostatin-1 in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a phase II study.
- Authors: Haas NB, Smith M, Lewis N, Littman L, Yeslow G, Joshi ID, Murgo A, Bradley J, Gordon R, Wang H, Rogatko A, Hudes GR
- Issue date: 2003 Jan
- A phase II trial of bryostatin 1 in the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Zonder JA, Shields AF, Zalupski M, Chaplen R, Heilbrun LK, Arlauskas P, Philip PA
- Issue date: 2001 Jan