AuthorsTrainer, Peter J
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPegvisomant is a growth hormone (GH) receptor antagonist that represents a major advance in the treatment of acromegaly. Initial results with pegvisomant indicate this novel form of therapy to be the most effective treatment available for achieving biochemical disease control as ascertained by circulating IGF-I.
CitationMetabolic effects of GH antagonism in patients with acromegaly. 2003, 13 Suppl A:S152-6 Growth Horm. IGF Res.
JournalGrowth Hormone & IGF Research
- Pegvisomant in the treatment of acromegaly.
- Authors: Parkinson C, Scarlett JA, Trainer PJ
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 26
- Pegvisomant: a growth hormone receptor antagonist for the treatment of acromegaly.
- Authors: Parkinson C, Trainer PJ
- Issue date: 2000 Apr
- Pegvisomant: a growth hormone receptor antagonist used in the treatment of acromegaly.
- Authors: Tritos NA, Biller BM
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Experience with pegvisomant in the treatment of acromegaly.
- Authors: Drake WM
- Issue date: 2001 Jun
- Insights from growth hormone receptor blockade.
- Authors: Muller AF, van der Lely AJ
- Issue date: 2004 Oct