Return to TRI: Winston Churchill Fellow and Salford University Scholar travel to Miami and the Keys.
AffiliationChristie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDuring May and June 2003, the 2 authors visited the internationally renowned Touch Research Institute based at the University of Miami and Jackson Memorial Hospital. For one of the authors, Peter Mackereth, this was a return visit. Both authors are Ph.D. students who have successfully obtained travel scholarships to participate in seminars and laboratory work. The paper will report on the experience of their visit, the current and future work of the TRI and its collaborators. Jacqui took the opportunity to spend time at the Dolphin Research Centre, this provided insight into the therapeutic value of interacting with these amazing mammals. Peter also took the opportunity to visit a group of massage therapists working in Key West.
CitationReturn to TRI: Winston Churchill Fellow and Salford University Scholar travel to Miami and the Keys. 2003, 9 (4):211-4 Complement Ther Nurs Midwifery
JournalComplementary Therapies in Nursing & Midwifery
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center restructures its health care system for the 21st century.
- Authors: Beerman R, Bendell A, Breeden A, Denker AL, Gallego G, Harvin VS, Kontz MM, Krueger-Jones JA, Martin MO, Mass J, Oza K, Perdue ME, Rogers J, Sears S, Williams-Welch A
- Issue date: 1998 Spring
- International emergency medicine and the role for academic emergency medicine.
- Authors: Alagappan K, Schafermeyer R, Holliman CJ, Iserson K, Sheridan IA, Kapur GB, Thomas T, Smith J, Bayram J
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Facility profile. Merged mission reaps big rewards. University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Mental Health Hospital Center.
- Authors: Martineck T
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- International exchange programs in dermatology: a prescription for the present, a hope for the future.
- Authors: Murrell DF, Handog EB
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- Redesign case study. Creating a caring environment at University Medical Center, Tucson.
- Authors: Parsons ML, Sapienza P, Grzyb-Wysocki T, Glasby C
- Issue date: 1996 Dec