Modified de Gramont with oxaliplatin in the first-line treatment of advanced colorectal cancer.
AuthorsBraun, M S
Wadd, N J
Saunders, Mark P
Richards, F J
Seymour, M T
AffiliationCancer Research UK Centre in Leeds, Cookridge Hospital, Leeds LS16 6QB, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe previously reported high activity for oxaliplatin and a modified de Gramont regimen (OxMdG) in a single centre study of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. We now report results with a further 56 patients treated at 14 centres. Low rates of grade 3 and 4 toxicity were seen, with no toxic deaths. Objective response rates were CR/PR=53%; NC=34.7%; PD=12.2%. Median time to progression was 8.3 months and overall survival was 14.5 months. This regimen is more convenient than those based around the conventional de Gramont regimen but is highly active and well tolerated; it forms part of a current UK MRC phase 3 trial.
CitationModified de Gramont with oxaliplatin in the first-line treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. 2003, 89 (7):1155-8 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- A 'modified de Gramont' regimen of fluorouracil, alone and with oxaliplatin, for advanced colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Cheeseman SL, Joel SP, Chester JD, Wilson G, Dent JT, Richards FJ, Seymour MT
- Issue date: 2002 Aug 12
- A randomized controlled trial of fluorouracil plus leucovorin, irinotecan, and oxaliplatin combinations in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Goldberg RM, Sargent DJ, Morton RF, Fuchs CS, Ramanathan RK, Williamson SK, Findlay BP, Pitot HC, Alberts SR
- Issue date: 2004 Jan 1
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFOX4) for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer: results from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study E3200.
- Authors: Giantonio BJ, Catalano PJ, Meropol NJ, O'Dwyer PJ, Mitchell EP, Alberts SR, Schwartz MA, Benson AB 3rd, Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study E3200.
- Issue date: 2007 Apr 20
- A phase II trial of modified FOLFOX as first-line chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Xiong JP, Zhang L, Zhong LX, Qiu F, Xu J, Tao QS, Xiang XJ, Yu F, Tang XM
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Oxaliplatin with weekly bolus fluorouracil and low-dose leucovorin as first-line therapy for patients with colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Hochster H, Chachoua A, Speyer J, Escalon J, Zeleniuch-Jacquotte A, Muggia F
- Issue date: 2003 Jul 15