Adoptive transfer of anti-idiotypic T cells cure mice of disseminated B cell lymphoma.
AuthorsArmstrong, Anne C
Stern, Peter L
Hawkins, Robert E
AffiliationCancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, Paterson Institute of Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is extensive interest in idiotypic vaccination as a treatment of lymphoma. An alternative approach is the adoptive transfer of in vitro generated T cells. This strategy has been used to treat posttransplantation EBV-related diseases. The ability to generate in vitro T cells to peptides derived from immunoglobulin idiotypes raises the possibility of directly using such cells as a treatment of lymphoma. Investigating the adoptive transfer of specific T cells to idiotype derived peptides in a murine lymphoma model is therefore an important part of the clinical translation of this alternative approach. We have generated an idiotype-specific T cell line, able to recognise a defined, naturally processed idiotype-derived epitope. This line has been used to successfully treat mice with disseminated lymphoma supporting the clinical use of idiotype specific T cells.
CitationAdoptive transfer of anti-idiotypic T cells cure mice of disseminated B cell lymphoma., 27 (3):227-31 J. Immunother.
JournalJournal of Immunotherapy
- B-cell lymphoma and myeloma protection induced by idiotype vaccination with dendritic cells is mediated entirely by T cells in mice.
- Authors: Cohen S, Haimovich J, Hollander N
- Issue date: 2005 Sep-Oct
- Therapeutic effect of idiotype-specific CD4+ T cells against B-cell lymphoma in the absence of anti-idiotypic antibodies.
- Authors: Lundin KU, Hofgaard PO, Omholt H, Munthe LA, Corthay A, Bogen B
- Issue date: 2003 Jul 15
- BCL1 lymphoma protection induced by idiotype DNA vaccination is entirely dependent on anti-idiotypic antibodies.
- Authors: Cesco-Gaspere M, Benvenuti F, Burrone OR
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- In vivo targeting and growth inhibition of the A20 murine B-cell lymphoma by an idiotype-specific peptide binder.
- Authors: Palmieri C, Falcone C, Iaccino E, Tuccillo FM, Gaspari M, Trimboli F, De Laurentiis A, Luberto L, Pontoriero M, Pisano A, Vecchio E, Fierro O, Panico MR, Larobina M, Gargiulo S, Costa N, Dal Piaz F, Schiavone M, Arra C, Giudice A, Palma G, Barbieri A, Quinto I, Scala G
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 15
- T cell mediated immunotherapy for B cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Schultze JL, Nadler LM
- Issue date: 1999 Mar