Adoptive transfer of anti-idiotypic T cells cure mice of disseminated B cell lymphoma.
AuthorsArmstrong, Anne C
Stern, Peter L
Hawkins, Robert E
AffiliationCancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, Paterson Institute of Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is extensive interest in idiotypic vaccination as a treatment of lymphoma. An alternative approach is the adoptive transfer of in vitro generated T cells. This strategy has been used to treat posttransplantation EBV-related diseases. The ability to generate in vitro T cells to peptides derived from immunoglobulin idiotypes raises the possibility of directly using such cells as a treatment of lymphoma. Investigating the adoptive transfer of specific T cells to idiotype derived peptides in a murine lymphoma model is therefore an important part of the clinical translation of this alternative approach. We have generated an idiotype-specific T cell line, able to recognise a defined, naturally processed idiotype-derived epitope. This line has been used to successfully treat mice with disseminated lymphoma supporting the clinical use of idiotype specific T cells.
CitationAdoptive transfer of anti-idiotypic T cells cure mice of disseminated B cell lymphoma., 27 (3):227-31 J. Immunother.
JournalJournal of Immunotherapy
- Immunization with a recombinant adenovirus encoding a lymphoma idiotype: induction of tumor-protective immunity and identification of an idiotype-specific T cell epitope.
- Authors: Armstrong AC, Dermime S, Allinson CG, Bhattacharyya T, Mulryan K, Gonzalez KR, Stern PL, Hawkins RE
- Issue date: 2002 Apr 15
- B-cell lymphoma and myeloma protection induced by idiotype vaccination with dendritic cells is mediated entirely by T cells in mice.
- Authors: Cohen S, Haimovich J, Hollander N
- Issue date: 2005 Sep-Oct
- Therapeutic effect of idiotype-specific CD4+ T cells against B-cell lymphoma in the absence of anti-idiotypic antibodies.
- Authors: Lundin KU, Hofgaard PO, Omholt H, Munthe LA, Corthay A, Bogen B
- Issue date: 2003 Jul 15
- BCL1 lymphoma protection induced by idiotype DNA vaccination is entirely dependent on anti-idiotypic antibodies.
- Authors: Cesco-Gaspere M, Benvenuti F, Burrone OR
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- Determination of idiotype-specific T cells in idiotype-vaccinated mice.
- Authors: Heyfets A, Haimovich J, Hollander N
- Issue date: 2002 Mar 1