Prediction of pathogenic mutations in patients with early-onset breast cancer by family history.
Evans, D Gareth R
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Genetics, St Mary's Hospital, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe aimed to assess frequency and penetrance of BRCA1, BRCA2,and TP53 mutations in women diagnosed with breast cancer aged 30 years or younger, and then correlate this frequency with family history. 17 of 36 familial cases had a BRCA1, BRCA2, or TP53 mutation, compared with three of 63 non-familial cases.The calculated population frequency of TP53 mutations was one in 5000, substantially greater than previous estimates. This finding underlines the importance of accurate elucidation of a family history from young women diagnosed with breast cancer. Establishment of family history could help with development of patient-specific management and tumour surveillance protocols.
CitationPrediction of pathogenic mutations in patients with early-onset breast cancer by family history. 2003, 361 (9363):1101-2 Lancet
- Comparable frequency of BRCA1, BRCA2 and TP53 germline mutations in a multi-ethnic Asian cohort suggests TP53 screening should be offered together with BRCA1/2 screening to early-onset breast cancer patients.
- Authors: Lee DS, Yoon SY, Looi LM, Kang P, Kang IN, Sivanandan K, Ariffin H, Thong MK, Chin KF, Mohd Taib NA, Yip CH, Teo SH
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 16
- Genetic testing in a cohort of young patients with HER2-amplified breast cancer.
- Authors: Eccles DM, Li N, Handwerker R, Maishman T, Copson ER, Durcan LT, Gerty SM, Jones L, Evans DG, Haywood L, Campbell I
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Comprehensive analysis of BRCA1, BRCA2 and TP53 germline mutation and tumor characterization: a portrait of early-onset breast cancer in Brazil.
- Authors: Carraro DM, Koike Folgueira MA, Garcia Lisboa BC, Ribeiro Olivieri EH, Vitorino Krepischi AC, de Carvalho AF, de Carvalho Mota LD, Puga RD, do Socorro Maciel M, Michelli RA, de Lyra EC, Grosso SH, Soares FA, Achatz MI, Brentani H, Moreira-Filho CA, Brentani MM
- Issue date: 2013
- High-risk human papilloma virus infection, tumor pathophenotypes, and BRCA1/2 and TP53 status in juvenile breast cancer.
- Authors: Aceto GM, Solano AR, Neuman MI, Veschi S, Morgano A, Malatesta S, Chacon RD, Pupareli C, Lombardi M, Battista P, Marchetti A, Mariani-Costantini R, Podestà EJ
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Prevalence and characterization of BRCA1 and BRCA2 germline mutations in Chinese women with familial breast cancer.
- Authors: Zhang J, Pei R, Pang Z, Ouyang T, Li J, Wang T, Fan Z, Fan T, Lin B, Xie Y
- Issue date: 2012 Apr