Post-transplant T-cell lymphoproliferative disorder/T-cell lymphoma: a report of three cases of T-anaplastic large-cell lymphoma with cutaneous presentation and a review of the literature.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Withenshawe Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAIMS: To report the clinical, pathological and immunohistochemical features of three cases of post-transplant T-cell lymphoproliferative disorder (T-PTLD) T-cell lymphoma with primary cutaneous presentation. METHODS AND RESULTS: Three cases of primary cutaneous post-transplantation anaplastic large-cell lymphomas occurred in renal transplant recipients and were shown to display a T-cell immunophenotype; all were ALK 1 protein and EMA negative and two were Epstein-Barr virus positive using in-situ hybridization. Two displayed a CD4+ phenotype, two were focally CD56+ and all three were negative for the cytolytic enzyme granzyme B. In two cases monoclonality was established by T-cell receptor gene rearrangement study. All presented with nodular cutaneous involvement and all were ultimately fatal. CONCLUSION: T-PTLDs are uncommon histological subtypes both in a general context and associated with cutaneous presentation. Our findings suggest clinicopathological and immunophenotypic similarities to primary cutaneous anaplastic large-cell lymphoma but with a progressive clinical behaviour similar to previously reported T-PTLD and to systemic nodal ALK- anaplastic large-cell lymphoma.
CitationPost-transplant T-cell lymphoproliferative disorder/T-cell lymphoma: a report of three cases of T-anaplastic large-cell lymphoma with cutaneous presentation and a review of the literature. 2004, 44 (4):387-93 Histopathology
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma associated with Epstein-Barr virus following cardiac transplant.
- Authors: Pitman SD, Rowsell EH, Cao JD, Huang Q, Wang J
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- Cutaneous presentation of post-renal transplant lymphoproliferative disorder: a series of four cases.
- Authors: Salama S, Todd S, Cina DP, Margetts P
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Primary cutaneous CD30+ anaplastic large cell lymphoma in a heart transplant patient: case report and literature review.
- Authors: Belloni-Fortina A, Montesco MC, Piaserico S, Bordignon M, Tona F, Feltrin G, Alaibac M
- Issue date: 2009
- EBV positive primary cutaneous CD30+ large T-cell lymphoma in a heart transplanted patient: case report.
- Authors: Lucioni M, Ippoliti G, Campana C, Cavallini D, Incardona P, Viglio A, Riboni R, Viganò M, Magrini U, Paulli M
- Issue date: 2004 Nov