Anal canal cancer and chemoradiation treatment in two patients with systemic lupus erythematosus treated by chronic therapeutic immunosuppression.
AffiliationDepartment of Academic Radiation Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo case reports of anal cancer developing during chronic therapeutic immunosuppression for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and their cancer management are presented. The complex issues of delivery of curative chemoradiation treatment for anal cancer in the context of co-existing autoimmune connective tissue disease (AICD) are discussed. These two cases show that combined chemotherapy and radiation regimens are possible in patients with SLE. However, frequent, careful assessment with judicious and prompt management of haematological and other complications during treatment is important.
CitationAnal canal cancer and chemoradiation treatment in two patients with systemic lupus erythematosus treated by chronic therapeutic immunosuppression. 2004, 16 (1):1-5 Clin Oncol
- Current management of anal canal cancer.
- Authors: Cummings BJ
- Issue date: 2005 Dec
- [Epidermoid carcinomas of anal canal treated with radiation therapy and concomitant chemotherapy (5-fluorouracil and cisplatin)].
- Authors: Deniaud-Alexandre E, Touboul E, Tiret E, Sezeur A, Hannoun L, Houry S, Huguet F, Pène F, Parc R, Schlienger M
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Tumor site predicts outcome after radiochemotherapy in squamous-cell carcinoma of the anal region: long-term results of 101 patients.
- Authors: Grabenbauer GG, Kessler H, Matzel KE, Sauer R, Hohenberger W, Schneider IH
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Ten-year results of chemoradiation for anal cancer: focus on late morbidity.
- Authors: John M, Flam M, Palma N
- Issue date: 1996 Jan 1
- Anal canal cancer treatment: practical limitations of routine prescription of concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Authors: Chauveinc L, Buthaud X, Falcou MC, Mosseri V, De la Rochefordière A, Pierga JY, Girodet J, Salmon RJ
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 1