Controversies in the radiotherapeutic management of poor prognosis locally advanced prostate cancer.
AuthorsHenry, Ann M
Price, Patricia M
Logue, John P
Cowan, Richard A
Shanks, Jonathan H
Dearnaley, David P
Khoo, Vincent S
AffiliationAcademic Department of Radiation Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Grand Round was held at the Christie Hospital, Manchester, U.K., on 30 November 2002. It followed a presentation by Dr David Dearnaley from the Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton on 'Novel approaches and trials in prostate cancer'. Controversies in the management of locally advanced prostate cancer were illustrated by a case presentation and followed by a discussion on the evaluation of disease extent, and the roles of radiotherapy and hormone ablation.
CitationControversies in the radiotherapeutic management of poor prognosis locally advanced prostate cancer. 2004, 16 (2):87-94 Clin Oncol
- Early prostate cancer: the national results of radiation treatment from the Patterns of Care and Radiation Therapy Oncology Group studies with prospects for improvement with conformal radiation and adjuvant androgen deprivation.
- Authors: Hanks GE, Hanlon A, Schultheiss T, Corn B, Shipley WU, Lee WR
- Issue date: 1994 Nov
- Predictors of androgen deprivation therapy efficacy combined with prostatic irradiation: the central role of tumor stage and radiation dose.
- Authors: Williams S, Buyyounouski M, Kestin L, Duchesne G, Pickles T
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 1
- Short-term neoadjuvant androgen deprivation and radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer: 10-year data from the TROG 96.01 randomised trial.
- Authors: Denham JW, Steigler A, Lamb DS, Joseph D, Turner S, Matthews J, Atkinson C, North J, Christie D, Spry NA, Tai KH, Wynne C, D'Este C
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Surrogate endpoints for prostate cancer-specific mortality after radiotherapy and androgen suppression therapy in men with localised or locally advanced prostate cancer: an analysis of two randomised trials.
- Authors: D'Amico AV, Chen MH, de Castro M, Loffredo M, Lamb DS, Steigler A, Kantoff PW, Denham JW
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- [Combined radiotherapy and hormone therapy in non-metastatic adenocarcinoma of prostate].
- Authors: Lopez S, Simon JM, Mazeron JJ
- Issue date: 2009 Mar