Deletion of chromosome arm 15q and hitherto unreported duplication of del(15q) in myeloid disorders.
AffiliationCytogenetics, The Rayne Institute, King's College Hospital, 123 Coldharbour Lane, London SE5 9NU, UK. Karen.Saunders@kingsch.nhs.uk
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDeletion of the long arm of chromosome 15 has been described as a recurrent chromosomal abnormality in myeloid malignancies. We present here some additional case reports of deletion 15 including two cases with an extra copy of the deleted chromosome, a finding that has not previously been described. We compare our cases to those previously reported. Our findings show that, contrary to previous reports, this abnormality may not always be associated with an unfavorable prognosis. They also indicate that deletion 15q most frequently appears to be associated with myelomonocytic disease. Potential candidate genes on 15q that may be involved in the tumorigenesis of these cases are discussed.
CitationDeletion of chromosome arm 15q and hitherto unreported duplication of del(15q) in myeloid disorders. 2004, 151 (2):146-51 Cancer Genet. Cytogenet.
JournalCancer Genetics and Cytogenetics
- Deletion of chromosome arm 15q in a case of minimally differentiated hypoplastic AML-M0.
- Authors: Fujieda A, Masuya M, Kitano S, Miyazaki K, Yazaki A, Sugimoto Y, Usui E, Miyata E, Shibasaki T, Yamamura K, Ohishi K, Nishii K, Nakase K, Takeuchi T, Katayama N
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Deletion 15q as the sole abnormality in acute myeloid leukemia: report of three cases and review of the literature.
- Authors: Lu G, Yin CC, Medeiros LJ, Abruzzo LV
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 15
- Prognostic significance of del(20q) in patients with hematological malignancies.
- Authors: Brezinová J, Zemanová Z, Ransdorfová S, Sindelárová L, Sisková M, Neuwirtová R, Cermák J, Michalová K
- Issue date: 2005 Jul 15
- Structural aberrations of chromosome 7 revealed by a combination of molecular cytogenetic techniques in myeloid malignancies.
- Authors: Brezinová J, Zemanová Z, Ransdorfová S, Pavlistová L, Babická L, Housková L, Melichercíková J, Sisková M, Cermák J, Michalová K
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Susceptibility gene for familial acute myeloid leukemia associated with loss of 5q and/or 7q is not localized on the commonly deleted portion of 5q.
- Authors: Gao Q, Horwitz M, Roulston D, Hagos F, Zhao N, Freireich EJ, Golomb HM, Olopade OI
- Issue date: 2000 Jun