Tositumomab and iodine I 131 tositumomab for recurrent indolent and transformed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
AuthorsDavies, A J
Howell, Simon J
Britton, K E
Owens, Susan E
Micallef, I N
Deakin, David P
Carrington, Bernadette M
Lawrance, Jeremy A L
Mather, S J
Harris, Maggie A
Norton, Andrew J
Lister, T Andrew
Radford, John A
AffiliationCancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, 45 Little Britain, St Bartholomew's Hospital, London EC1A 7BE, United Kingdom. Andrew.J.Davies@cancer.org.uk
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSE: An open-label phase II study was conducted at two centers to establish the efficacy and safety of tositumomab and iodine I 131 tositumomab at first or second recurrence of indolent or transformed indolent B-cell lymphoma. PATIENTS AND METHODS: A single dosimetric dose was followed at 7 to 14 days by the patient-specific administered radioactivity required to deliver a total body dose of 0.75 Gy (reduced to 0.65 Gy for patients with platelets counts of 100 to 149 x 10(9)/L). Forty of 41 patients received both infusions. RESULTS: Thirty-one of 41 patients (76%) responded, with 20 patients (49%) achieving either a complete (CR) or unconfirmed complete remission [CR(u)] and 11 patients (27%) achieving a partial remission. Response rates were similar in both indolent (76%) and transformed disease (71%). The overall median duration of remission was 1.3 years. The median duration of remission has not yet been reached for those patients who achieved a CR or CR(u). Eleven patients continue in CR or CR(u) between 2.6+ and 5.2+ years after therapy. Therapy was well tolerated; hematologic toxicity was the principal adverse event. Grade 3 or 4 anemia, neutropenia, and thrombocytopenia were observed in 5%, 45%, and 32% of patients, respectively. Secondary myelodysplasia has occurred in one patient. Four patients developed human antimouse antibodies after therapy. Five of 38 assessable patients have developed an elevated thyroid-stimulating hormone; treatment with thyroxine has been initiated in one patient. CONCLUSION: High overall and CR rates were observed after a single dose of tositumomab and iodine I 131 tositumomab in this patient group. Toxicity was modest and easily managed.
CitationTositumomab and iodine I 131 tositumomab for recurrent indolent and transformed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 2004, 22 (8):1469-79 J. Clin. Oncol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Re-treatment with I-131 tositumomab in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma who had previously responded to I-131 tositumomab.
- Authors: Kaminski MS, Radford JA, Gregory SA, Leonard JP, Knox SJ, Kroll S, Wahl RL
- Issue date: 2005 Nov 1
- Iodine-131 tositumomab (Bexxar): radioimmunoconjugate therapy for indolent and transformed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Friedberg JW, Fisher RI
- Issue date: 2004 Feb
- Multicenter phase II study of iodine-131 tositumomab for chemotherapy-relapsed/refractory low-grade and transformed low-grade B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomas.
- Authors: Vose JM, Wahl RL, Saleh M, Rohatiner AZ, Knox SJ, Radford JA, Zelenetz AD, Tidmarsh GF, Stagg RJ, Kaminski MS
- Issue date: 2000 Mar
- The radioisotope contributes significantly to the activity of radioimmunotherapy.
- Authors: Davis TA, Kaminski MS, Leonard JP, Hsu FJ, Wilkinson M, Zelenetz A, Wahl RL, Kroll S, Coleman M, Goris M, Levy R, Knox SJ
- Issue date: 2004 Dec 1
- Radioimmunotherapy with iodine (131)I tositumomab for relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: updated results and long-term follow-up of the University of Michigan experience.
- Authors: Kaminski MS, Estes J, Zasadny KR, Francis IR, Ross CW, Tuck M, Regan D, Fisher S, Gutierrez J, Kroll S, Stagg R, Tidmarsh G, Wahl RL
- Issue date: 2000 Aug 15