Functional comparison of annexin V analogues labeled indirectly and directly with iodine-124.
AuthorsDekker, Bronwen A
Keen, Heather G
Shaw, David M
Hastings, David L
Hadfield, John A
Reader, Andrew J
Julyan, Peter J
AffiliationCRUK/UMIST Department of Radiochemical Targeting and Imaging, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, M20 4BX Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe are interested in imaging cell death in vivo using annexin V radiolabeled with (124)I. In this study, [(124)I]4IB-annexin V and [(124)I]4IB-ovalbumin were made using [(124)I]N-hydroxysuccinimidyl-4-iodobenzoate prepared by iododestannylation of N-hydroxysuccinimidyl-4-(tributylstannyl)benzoate. [(124)I]4IB-annexin V binds to phosphatidylserine-coated microtiter plates and apoptotic Jurkat cells and accumulates in hepatic apoptotic lesions in mice treated with anti-Fas antibody, while [(124)I]4IB-ovalbumin does not. In comparison with (124)I-annexin V, [(124)I]4IB-annexin V has a higher rate of binding to phosphatidylserine in vitro, a higher kidney and urine uptake, a lower thyroid and stomach content uptake, greater plasma stability and a lower rate of plasma clearance. Binding of radioactivity to apoptotic cells relative to normal cells in vitro and in vivo appears to be lower for [(124)I]4IB-annexin V than for (124)I-annexin V.
CitationFunctional comparison of annexin V analogues labeled indirectly and directly with iodine-124. 2005, 32 (4):403-13 Nucl. Med. Biol.
JournalNuclear Medicine and Biology
- Biodistribution and dosimetry study of 123I-rh-annexin V in mice and humans.
- Authors: Lahorte CM, van de Wiele C, Bacher K, van den Bossche B, Thierens H, van Belle S, Slegers G, Dierckx RA
- Issue date: 2003 Aug
- Imaging apoptosis in vivo using 124I-annexin V and PET.
- Authors: Keen HG, Dekker BA, Disley L, Hastings D, Lyons S, Reader AJ, Ottewell P, Watson A, Zweit J
- Issue date: 2005 May
- MBP-annexin V radiolabeled directly with iodine-124 can be used to image apoptosis in vivo using PET.
- Authors: Dekker B, Keen H, Lyons S, Disley L, Hastings D, Reader A, Ottewell P, Watson A, Zweit J
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- Iodination of annexin V for imaging apoptosis.
- Authors: Russell J, O'Donoghue JA, Finn R, Koziorowski J, Ruan S, Humm JL, Ling CC
- Issue date: 2002 May
- Optimization of the preparation of 99mTc-labeled Hynic-derivatized Annexin V for human use.
- Authors: Verbeke K, Kieffer D, Vanderheyden JL, Reutelingsperger C, Steinmetz N, Green A, Verbruggen A
- Issue date: 2003 Oct