Randomized phase II study of two gemcitabine schedules for patients with impaired performance status (Karnofsky performance status </= 70) and advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
Lind, Michael J
Burt, Paul A
Lorigan, Paul C
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Wilmslow Rd, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSE: This randomized phase II study compared two treatment schedules of gemcitabine in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and impaired Karnofsky performance status (KP). Primary objectives were to record changes from baseline KP and to assess symptom palliation. Secondary objectives were overall survival, tumor response, and toxicity. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Patients with stage IIIb and IV NSCLC and KP
CitationRandomized phase II study of two gemcitabine schedules for patients with impaired performance status (Karnofsky performance status </= 70) and advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. 2005, 23 (10):2136-44 J. Clin. Oncol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Gemcitabine plus best supportive care (BSC) vs BSC in inoperable non-small cell lung cancer--a randomized trial with quality of life as the primary outcome. UK NSCLC Gemcitabine Group. Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Anderson H, Hopwood P, Stephens RJ, Thatcher N, Cottier B, Nicholson M, Milroy R, Maughan TS, Falk SJ, Bond MG, Burt PA, Connolly CK, McIllmurray MB, Carmichael J
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- First line chemotherapy with gemcitabine in advanced non-small cell lung cancer elderly patients: a randomized phase II study of 3-week versus 4-week schedule.
- Authors: Quoix E, Breton JL, Ducoloné A, Mennecier B, Depierre A, Lemarié E, Moro-Sibilot D, Germa C, Neidhardt AC
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Gemcitabine and vincristine: an effective outpatient regimen with low myelotoxicity for stage IV non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Zwitter M, Cufer T, Wein W
- Issue date: 2001
- A phase II trial of weekly paclitaxel and gemctiabine infused at a constant rate in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Gillenwater HH, Stinchcombe TE, Qaqish BF, Tyann M, Hensing TA, Socinski MA
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Adding gemcitabine to paclitaxel/carboplatin combination increases survival in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results of a phase II-III study.
- Authors: Paccagnella A, Oniga F, Bearz A, Favaretto A, Clerici M, Barbieri F, Riccardi A, Chella A, Tirelli U, Ceresoli G, Tumolo S, Ridolfi R, Biason R, Nicoletto MO, Belloni P, Veglia F, Ghi MG
- Issue date: 2006 Feb 1