Pseudomyxoma peritonei: unusual origin from an ovarian mature cystic teratoma.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP) is classified into pathologically and prognostically distinct categories, such as disseminated peritoneal adenomucinosis (DPAM) and peritoneal mucinous carcinomatosis. There is overwhelming evidence that DPAM arises from a mucinous adenoma of the appendix. The one exception to this is the presentation of a mature ovarian cystic teratoma as PMP where the appendix is normal. This report describes such a case and discusses the presentation, histopathology, and treatment options.
CitationPseudomyxoma peritonei: unusual origin from an ovarian mature cystic teratoma. 2005, 58 (10):1115-7 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- Borderline-like mucinous tumor arising in mature cystic teratoma of the ovary associated with pseudomyxoma peritonei.
- Authors: Hwang JH, So KA, Modi G, Lee JK, Lee NW, Lee KW, Kim I
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Mucinous tumors arising in ovarian mature cystic teratomas: relationship to the clinical syndrome of pseudomyxoma peritonei.
- Authors: Ronnett BM, Seidman JD
- Issue date: 2003 May
- Ovarian mature teratomas with mucinous epithelial neoplasms: morphologic heterogeneity and association with pseudomyxoma peritonei.
- Authors: McKenney JK, Soslow RA, Longacre TA
- Issue date: 2008 May
- [Peritoneal pseudomyxoma arising from an ovarian teratoma associated with Bordeline mucinous tumor: report of a case and review of the literature].
- Authors: Mohtaram A, Boutayeb S, El Youbi MB, Sghiri T, Aaribi I, Kettani F, M'rabti H, Errihani H
- Issue date: 2013
- Mucinous cystadenocarcinoma arising in mature cystic teratoma ovary and associated pseudomyxoma peritonei: report of a case.
- Authors: Mandal S, Kawatra V, Khurana N
- Issue date: 2008 Sep