Difficulties in patient management associated with the transition period.
AffiliationEndocrine Science Research Group, Division of Human Development, The Medical School, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE) held a consensus workshop in Manchester, UK, in December 2003 to discuss issues relating to the care of growth hormone (GH)-treated patients in the transition from paediatric to adult life. Aspects under consideration included the definition of transition, the process of delivery of transitional care, the exact need to reassess pituitary status after completion of growth and puberty in teenagers who have received GH treatment during childhood, the most appropriate biochemical definition of severe GH deficiency (GHD) in the transitional period, and the factors influencing both the decision to reinstitute treatment and also the timing and dosage schedule when GH treatment is reinstituted.
CitationDifficulties in patient management associated with the transition period. 2005, 64 Suppl 2:74-5 Horm. Res.
- Consensus statement on the management of the GH-treated adolescent in the transition to adult care.
- Authors: Clayton PE, Cuneo RC, Juul A, Monson JP, Shalet SM, Tauber M, European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology.
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- Quality of life and retrospective perception of the effect of growth hormone treatment in adult patients with childhood growth hormone deficiency.
- Authors: Lagrou K, Xhrouet-Heinrichs D, Massa G, Vandeweghe M, Bourguignon JP, De Schepper J, de Zegher F, Ernould C, Heinrichs C, Malvaux P, Craen M
- Issue date: 2001
- Transition from pediatric to adult care for growth hormone deficiency.
- Authors: Rosenfeld RG
- Issue date: 2003 May
- Transition from paediatric to adult endocrinology: hypopituitarism.
- Authors: Stanhope R
- Issue date: 2004 Jun
- [Evaluation of final height in patients with pituitary growth hormone deficiency who were treated with growth hormone replacement].
- Authors: Korpal-Szczyrska M, Dorant B, Kamińska H, Birkholz D, Niedźwiecki M
- Issue date: 2006