Synthesis and evaluation of double bond substituted combretastatins.
AuthorsHadfield, John A
Weston, Anna P
Lawrence, Nicholas J
McGown, Alan T
AffiliationCentre for Molecular Drug Design, Cockcroft Building, University of Salford, Manchester M5 4WT, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA series of combretastatins substituted with epoxides, amides and small alkyl groups has been synthesised and evaluated for cytotoxicity and their ability to inhibit the assembly of tubulin. The methyl and ethyl substituted phenols 36, 44 have shown potent antimitotic effects whilst exhibiting reduced cytotoxicity.
CitationSynthesis and evaluation of double bond substituted combretastatins. 2005, 40 (6):529-41 Eur J Med Chem
JournalEuropean Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
- Structural requirements for the interaction of combretastatins with tubulin: how important is the trimethoxy unit?
- Authors: Gaukroger K, Hadfield JA, Lawrence NJ, Nolan S, McGown AT
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 7
- Combretastatin dinitrogen-substituted stilbene analogues as tubulin-binding and vascular-disrupting agents.
- Authors: Siles R, Ackley JF, Hadimani MB, Hall JJ, Mugabe BE, Guddneppanavar R, Monk KA, Chapuis JC, Pettit GR, Chaplin DJ, Edvardsen K, Trawick ML, Garner CM, Pinney KG
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Synthesis and biological activity of mustard derivatives of combretastatins.
- Authors: Coggiola B, Pagliai F, Allegrone G, Genazzani AA, Tron GC
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 1
- New naphthylcombretastatins. Modifications on the ethylene bridge.
- Authors: Sánchez Maya AB, Pérez-Melero C, Salvador N, Peláez R, Caballero E, Medarde M
- Issue date: 2005 Mar 15
- Novel cyanocombretastatins as potent tubulin polymerisation inhibitors.
- Authors: Jalily PH, Hadfield JA, Hirst N, Rossington SB
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 1